Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this rig in the Military Handgun Forum a couple of months back. But for those who may not often venture toward the pistol topics, it goes equally well in the American Arsenal Forum.

And on this 4th of July, there is perhaps nothing more 20th Century Patriotic for US Weapons than the Model 1911. (Post up your Patriotic gems!)

The rig includes:

- Colt M1911 in brushed blue, built in 1917
- G&K 1918 W.J.D holster and lanyard
- M1917 L.F.&C Trench Knife w/ Jewell scabbard
- Mills pistol belt w/ lanyard and two mag pouches.
- M1912 Eagle Snap rifle ammo belt
- Q.M.C. JEFF 1922 HEK leather mag pouch
- Frankford Arsenal .45 cal ball ammo, two boxes, 1918

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Quite an assemblage gentlemen! Martin08, that vintage Model 1911 Colt is a spectacular jewel in the crown! I have a couple of 1917 Smiths, nothing to shout about. Not into 'gear', but can appreciate such to be viewed here. Thanks for sharing guys!
My take

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Nice setup! Martin, what would you figure the value is on that pistol? I'm generally not up on my US firearms and there is a 1914 Colt is about equal condition to yours at a local shop. I'd like to pick it up but I think his price is way too high at $3600.

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice setup! Martin, what would you figure the value is on that pistol? I'm generally not up on my US firearms and there is a 1914 Colt is about equal condition to yours at a local shop. I'd like to pick it up but I think his price is way too high at $3600.
I'm sure I don't have to tell you that original and excellent high condition pistols bring a great premium over average or even very good condition pistols. Without seeing the gun which you describe, it is difficult to give a valuation.

I can say that I paid $4,000 for my rig, with the accessories at approximately $800 value. I also took into consideration that if I didn't buy the pistol, someone else would, and then I couldn't have it. It may have been quite some time, or never, before another came along in similar condition.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Hey Martin- Nice trench knife scabbard! That whole grouping really rocks! Museum quality my man. Hats off and thank you for sharing such treasure and getting some of the other guys to dust off some of their cool stuff!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
=========================================
$3600 is a bit high alright. I got my 1917 vintage un-restored and un-refinished 1911 with about 80% original finish for $2500. The shop owner was asking $2695, but agreed to $2500 because I had cash.

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Some great specimens shown here. Keep 'em coming!

The following is a lesser known Model 1909 revolver in .45 Long Colt.

A predecessor to the semi-auto M1911, it was built due to the ineffectiveness of the Model 1896 New Army (.38 Long Colt) during the Moro War in the Philippines. It is essentially the equivalent of the civilian New Service DA revolver, but with U.S. military markings. The gun sports an interesting rampant Colt logo with a stylized-C.

The holster is unmarked, worn, and partially restitched. Not sure that it is the proper holster, but it is well aged and a good fit.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Gents, I got caught in the photobucket debacle.....if you are hosting your photos on the 'net somewhere, can you tell me where???

The manage attachment segments I have used here & there only post small photos.....or I just dont know how to use it??

PJH

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.