Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,764 Posts
Nice MkVI rambob, I swapped out the shaved cylinders for unmolested .455 cylinders on these. Probably shoot them Saturday at my WASA/SASS club match in honor of the Queen. While it will be cooler I don’t think it will be cool enough for my wool RE tunic but I might be able to use my lighter RNWMP tunic. I need a Martini Greener 12 ga though. I usually shoot my Webleys on the anniversary of Rorkes Drift along with my 1873 musket.
Plant Tree Outdoor recreation Hat Gun barrel

Air gun Revolver Trigger Wood Gun barrel

· Registered
1,764 Posts
Found them many years ago, one was from Apex I think and the other came from South Africa. The Apex one was just dumb luck. I called and talked to a very nice lady who said she thought they only had the smaller .38 cylinders in stock but said wait while she looked. When she got back on the phone she said lo and behold there was one .455 left in the bin that I bought. I think I paid 150.00 for each. A lot then but not now. The S.A. one was listed on line, maybe ebay. Wasn’t until a few years ago that I tried them on my revolvers. Not a bad match.

· Registered
1,764 Posts
Bob, have you tried any .45 Cowboy Special loads in it? As tight to the frame as your cylinder looks you might be able to use them. Same length as a 45acp. I have an altered NWMP New Service that they work great in.
Tin Cylinder Gold Font Art

· Registered
1,764 Posts
Bob, If you would like I could send you a handful of 45cs to play with? The trouble with cutting down 45colt brass is the thickness of the brass that far down plus having to use .454 bullets. Send me a pm if interested. Have you tried 45colt or Schofield brass in it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts