Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Ballester Molina. It's a great shooting .45. It came with a Colt mag, it has a production number on the bottom. The shop sold me 2 extra mags that were supposed to be Springfield Armory. These 2 mags are a bear to load. I can't get more then 2 rounds in one of them. They fit and function, lock back the slide, etc. But I can't get them fully loaded. It's the feed lips I guess, not the spring. The Colt loads effortlessly, I spend 10 minutes fighting the SA mags.
What mags should I look for to use in this old gun? If I can find anymore Colts, I will grab them. What else do you recommend?
BTW, the bad ones are 7 round mags. Will this take 8rd mags, or should I just stick to 7?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
58,897 Posts
7 round is a 7 round,, don't try to force 8

USGI contract mags work for me, as well as Meggar,

and honestly, any other 1911 mag, (chip McCormack, Wilson, etc )

·
PlatinumBullet Member
19,948 Posts
I've had good luck with Chip McCormack 1911 magazines. I've also bought just generic 1911 magazines and they have worked well.
Yep. I have never had a problem with Chip McCormick mags in my Norinco 1911A1. I have a few of the Colt 7 round mags and they run fine.
8 round mags will fit into your 1911. My Chips are 10 round mags. They extend a little below the mag well but function fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts