Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
13,807 Posts
I think you need to use a Clawson Collector Guide to check each part. There were so many part changes a good data sheet would be very hard to make worthwhile. Post the gun here or M1911forum USGI, you can get somebody(s) to point out what you have. The pistols are fairly complex so many eyes can catch what one or two may miss.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you need to use a Clawson Collector Guide to check each part. There were so many part changes a good data sheet would be very hard to make worthwhile. Post the gun here or M1911forum USGI, you can get somebody(s) to point out what you have. The pistols are fairly complex so many eyes can catch what one or two may miss.
I am presently working my way through Joe Poyer's book, "The Model 1911 and Model 1911A1 Military and Commercial Pistol", which led me to the "want" for a datasheet. Has anyone read this book and how does it compare to Clawson's book? Interested to know if Poyer's book covers all the bases or just touching the surface of details?

·
Gold Bullet member
13,807 Posts
I am presently working my way through Joe Poyer's book, "The Model 1911 and Model 1911A1 Military and Commercial Pistol", which led me to the "want" for a datasheet. Has anyone read this book and how does it compare to Clawson's book? Interested to know if Poyer's book covers all the bases or just touching the surface of details?
I hear some good things about his book. I hear it has errors. Clawson remains the gold standard but you have a good reference for starters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts