Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
4,427 Posts
I'd say the 4 probably got stamped crooked, or the 4 stamp got mashed and just looks like a 1. As far as I know, the TC AS FA ANKARA markings are all post-Ottoman, and back then the 1910 date would be in arabic.

·
Registered
945 Posts
It looks like 1940 to me...

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Nice find!

A 1940-made rifle which either has been nicely reworked, or is in extraordinarily beautiful condition. If you can, please share and post some more pics.

Alexander

·
Registered
658 Posts
I don't know enough to tell you what it is, other than that by that photo it looks like a great looking rifle. I'd love to see some more pics.

·
Administrator
9,440 Posts
badly struck "4" in 1940 Kkale

Very common defect in Kirikkale-made Turk mausers (1940-46). ( Pre-production runs done in late 1939, factory established by CZ and ASFA in 1938-39.)

Go to Parallax Turkish Board and check your serial number against my (DocAV) survey...the number will correspond with the 1940 range.

The finish looks "pimped up"--- Even newish K'kale Mausers don't "shine"...they were a Dull Blue.

Good example none the less.

Regards, Doc AV
AV Ballistics

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,035 Posts
My 1940 K.Kale receiver is so poorly stamped it almost appears "melted" - Nice looking rifle even in reworked condition. My 1940 Turk was my first real milsurp, it's what started me down the path of collecting all of this old crap. ;)

·
Platinum Bullet member
20,580 Posts
My 1940 K.Kale has the same shiney blue finish. It was a $29.95 special from either J&G or Big 5 a few years back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts