Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I believe I've got one spotted at a gunshop. It looks like this one here.
http://www.gunrunners.com/ViewItem.aspx?ID=18&table=inventory_museum
Is this information accurate? I don't know anything about argentine mausers but I've kinda got the itch for this one. Any information would be appreciated. What is the going rate for one of these? It apears to be all numbers matching and has a pretty nice crest. He's asking $460. But I think I can get him to knock it down. What do you guys think?

Sorry I got this one messed up. I meant 1891 engineers carbine. The link is correct. This rifle looks just like the one pictured.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The link you posted has a 1891 Model. The 1909 is a bit different. The magazine does not extend down below the stock like the 1891 model. If it is a 1909 model engineer carbine in excellent all matching condition, I'd take it. Regards

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OOPS! I meant the 1891 engineers carbine. The link is the right one. This rifle looks just like the one pictured. Shows how much I know about these Argentine rifles. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't purchased the rifle yet. It has about 70% blueing. The stock isn't as dark as the one in the link and has only a few small dings. Rifling is strong with only slight pitting in the grooves but may clean up better than I think. She should shoot good.

·
Gold Bullet Member
316 Posts
For an 1891 carbine and at that price, it should be in excellent condition. With 70% bluing and pitting in the bore ( assume the wood is same), a price in the $200-250 range would be more realistic, provided it is matching. The engineer style are more uncommon but that is a very proud price, IMHO
Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts