Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, picked up a beautiful 1909 Argentina Mauser Complete Action. Looks like a gunsmith was getting it ready for a custom rifle! Timney Trigger, forged bolt handle, drilled and tapped for scope mounts and drilled and tapped for lyman sights also.. All matching SN Except bolt handled been replaced when forged. Like I said, complete Action upper and lower... I decided I am not going to order a barrel and alter a thumb hole stock I have for a mauser! (timney trigger needs accommodation to fit this stock) So, been thinking of selling both! But have no idea of the value! BTW for you hotheads here, I tracked down bubba that did all this to a 1909 Argentina Mauser and took care of the problem, so please keep those comment out of here! Just need some of you more knowelgable people here to give me your opinion on value of the receiver! Thanks

·
Platinum+ Bullet Member
2,298 Posts
Receivers D&T are going for about $125.00. Timney triggers between $50.00-60.00. And modified bolts in the $150.00 range.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NRA, my problem with Bubba is that bubba tried to make something "Special" or improve his rifle without any skill, Thought, proper tools or regard to what he is destroying! The person I dislike are the people that will buy a perfectly good rare rifle with tons of history and take it completely apart to sell every spring, screw stripped bolt , etc etc separately so he can make a few extra dollars selling the rifle parts. When said and done, Bubba is just ignorant and needs to be schooled on what he is doing when the other is willing to search for and destroy a rare rifle for the few extra dollars he can make "parting" it out! This is the person that gets a "Pass" most everywhere because of make parts available but in reality, Both are destroying a rare rifle! One through being ignorant or stupid, the other doing the same thing for a few dollars!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts