Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the favorites of my collection, even though there is no action for it! Altered from .30-'03 to .30-'06. I am looking for an early, original, barreled action. If you guys can help me in my search, please let me know!:thumbsup:

Shotgun Antique tool
Gun Rifle Shotgun Wood Wood stain
Shotgun Antique tool Wood
Wood Table Furniture Wood stain Hardwood

·
Silver Bullet member
15,653 Posts
Nice stock.

PM Swordbuyer, he may have just what you need.

·
Registered
743 Posts
That is an extraordinary stock! Well worth a long (but hopefully not too expensive) quest. Somewhere out there is a correct action/barrel assembly sitting in a cutdown sporter stock. Good Luck!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually wasn't even looking for this type of stock. I was searching around on flea-bay and found it. I happened to type in "springfield stock" and it came up. "1903" or "Rock Island" was not in the title. I used the "Buy it Now" option. Total including shipping and insurance for more than what I paid was... it was less than $400.

Funny thing was, at the current time, I had a "claim" goin' on on a item I had recently sold. That left my Paypal account screwed up. My balance was negative because the amount of the item I sold was "deducted", though not. Messed up, I know. Also because of that I could not immediately transfer funds to cover the cost of the stock. Even more screwed up. Got on the phone with Paypal, blah, blah, blah, no dice. All this was taking almost an hour, and I was sweating bullets thinking somebody else is going to grab the stock. Then I thought, why not open another Paypal account! Same bank account, but my wifes card number!

Oh yeh, when the stock arrived, I picked up the box from my doorstep and it was loose inside! There was bubble wrap around the butt, and it was tight inside the box, but the rest of the stock was bare, no bubble wrap! The nose of the stock was bouncing off the inner walls of the box! I was like "What the f#*k! Luckily it was not harmed! I guess Fed-Ex was "gentle"!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts