Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody removed the chamber sleave on the converted 1907's? Looks like it should come out but what damage will be done if you try to get it out. How was it installed? Was it glued.soldered? Would be nice to have it back as was. Thanks. Doug.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,708 Posts
Has anybody removed the chamber sleave on the converted 1907's? Looks like it should come out but what damage will be done if you try to get it out. How was it installed? Was it glued.soldered? Would be nice to have it back as was. Thanks. Doug.
It would be, especially since I have a lot of nice clean 9mm Browning Long......

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,096 Posts
Sarco has new Swedish made replacement barrels in the original 9mm Browning Long caliber. The Sportsman's Guide has them once in a while too, that's where I got mine. It has a Swedish crown proof mark and it fit right in and shoots great.

The sleeve in mine appears to have been pressed in. Maybe a tool like a broken shell remover would catch on the forward edge and allow you to pull it out.

·
Gold Bullet member
250 Posts
I got one of those Sarco barrels and a couple extra mags at the same time. They are original military. Worked great in my Husky. Got some ammo from Samco, boxer primed. Really nice shooting weapon now, except pitches the brass along way, and always in a muddy puddle of water...
The sleeved .380 acp barrel would feed just fine, but it doesn't apprear there was any attempt to adapt the ejector to non-rimmed cases. That is actually pretty good, as I'm happy to have it back in it's origional caliber. Really a rip though for that the import company screwed up the barrels, then did nothing to make the gun work correctly.
Does anyone have one in the .380 acp that works?
Thanks and regards, Guns.[I collect, therefore, I am]

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,819 Posts
Sarco has new Swedish made replacement barrels in the original 9mm Browning Long caliber. The Sportsman's Guide has them once in a while too, that's where I got mine. It has a Swedish crown proof mark and it fit right in and shoots great.

The sleeve in mine appears to have been pressed in. Maybe a tool like a broken shell remover would catch on the forward edge and allow you to pull it out.

It would be easier just to replace the barrel. Cost of the new barrel is also a factor though.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,708 Posts
I got one of those Sarco barrels and a couple extra mags at the same time. They are original military. Worked great in my Husky. Got some ammo from Samco, boxer primed. Really nice shooting weapon now, except pitches the brass along way, and always in a muddy puddle of water...
The sleeved .380 acp barrel would feed just fine, but it doesn't apprear there was any attempt to adapt the ejector to non-rimmed cases. That is actually pretty good, as I'm happy to have it back in it's origional caliber. Really a rip though for that the import company screwed up the barrels, then did nothing to make the gun work correctly.
Does anyone have one in the .380 acp that works?
Thanks and regards, Guns.[I collect, therefore, I am]

I also got Sarco bbl, great solution, restores to original caliber which about 50% more powerful than .380. I found a bunch of nc boxer primed 9x20 Browning ammo, shoots
nicely.

·
Platinum Bullet member
2,096 Posts
My 1907 shoots fine with the hotter loaded European ammo such as Geco and S&B. The US commercial stuff doesn't seem to provide enough recoil impulse to operate the action efficiently. If I had to use .380 ammo exclusively I would modify a couple of magazines with a spacer and shorten follower to fit the .380 rounds which are 9x17mm versus 9mm Browning Long which are 9x20mm.

I think that Century Arms still has the late Swedish surplus Norma ammo which is great shooting stuff.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,708 Posts
My 1907 shoots fine with the hotter loaded European ammo such as Geco and S&B. The US commercial stuff doesn't seem to provide enough recoil impulse to operate the action efficiently. If I had to use .380 ammo exclusively I would modify a couple of magazines with a spacer and shorten follower to fit the .380 rounds which are 9x17mm versus 9mm Browning Long which are 9x20mm.

I think that Century Arms still has the late Swedish surplus Norma ammo which is great shooting stuff.
Beautiful, non corrosive, boxer primed ammo. The last I got from them wasn't Norma but seemed as good. I've got a pile of this and a nice big supply of original unissued magazines.
I seem pretty well set for the FN 1903/07 pistols......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts