Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a Remington M1903 and a Remington 03A3, but would like to add a Smith Corona now. Some quick searches on internet auction sites show a price range of around $550 up to $1100. Typical?

I could not find a single example at the past weekend's gun show here. Have not checked pawn shops yet, and am not optimistic about those. Have you seen any recently? Are the Smith Coronas suddenly the darling of the 03A3 collectors, or am I just late in coming to the game? :cry:

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
3,850 Posts
I already have a Remington M1903 and a Remington 03A3, but would like to add a Smith Corona now. Some quick searches on internet auction sites show a price range of around $550 up to $1100. Typical?

I could not find a single example at the past weekend's gun show here. Have not checked pawn shops yet, and am not optimistic about those. Have you seen any recently? Are the Smith Coronas suddenly the darling of the 03A3 collectors, or am I just late in coming to the game? :cry:
Probably your last question......and 03A3 collectors do like them. Here is mine.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Keep in mind that many went throught a post war rebuild of some kind.You will find them loaded with Remington parts.If you find one check for a SC stock.They are pricy on their own so you dont want to buy something only to add 250 bucks for a correct stock.Also check the cut off area on any 03a3 as rebuilt drill rifles are very common as are dishonest sellers.A drill rifle will show signs of filing/grinding,and rebluing,or off color parking in this area.My SC will out shoot my Rem 03a3.At 100 yards I get 1-1/2 inch groups in the center of the target.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.