Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to make my NO 1903A3 into a sniper clone, its got no collector value but it is very accurate making just over 1moa its right around 1 1/8 or so. I've read up on all the blow ups cast receiver, and such, but if it, it blows up it blows up.

So what would be the proper reproduction parts to get for this, it doesn't go to the range much,but I do take it hunting, but for me it would be more of a mantle piece, and thanks for any help guys

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,865 Posts
Gibbs rifle Company for the scope and possibly the mount and rings(or Ebay). the mount is a redfield Jr and the rings are 3/4. C or scant stock new from the CMP
or used from auction sites or Ebay. Drill and tap one hole and assemble. I am curious about the cast receiver? AGB-1

·
Gold Bullet member
14,176 Posts
It will be hard to build one as cheap as you can buy a Gibbs. Since these rifles have won 2 Vintage Sniper matches, including the most recent, it seems buying one of them is a logical alternative. The last winner definitely used the original recent production barrel. He did put on a vintage Weaver 330, not the replica scope. The most recent Gibbs rifles are supposed to have an improved scope.

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,105 Posts
The most recent Gibbs rifles are supposed to have an improved scope.
The one I just got from Centerfire came with the 2nd generation of scope that Gibbs has offered on these rifles, the Hi-Lux/Leatherwood M73G2, and are a vast improvement over the 1st Generation M73B1 scopes Gibbs used. The main limitation of the new scopes is the low (2.5X) magnification, but the optics are clear and bright, the reticle is of the fine crosshair type like the originals, and the overall build quality is excellent IMO. I agree that he'd be hard pressed to put together a better "clone" 03A4 for less money.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.