Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Against sound advice I decided to take the 03 out between rain storms and fired some Federal 150 gr ammo through it. Enclosed are pics of a steel target at 100 meters after 10 rounds most were center hits. The 03 also hit consistently at 200 meters I was a bit surprised the old Warrior can still shoot. Also enclosed is a pic of the spent cases the primers all show good center firing pin hits and no unusual problems on the brass.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Talking about parts the rifle also came with a complete original oilier and cleaning cord. I did not even know it came with the 03 until I open up the butt plate. I have heard the cord cleaning rod is hard to find. BTW I got this 03 from a bundle trade deal plus some cash, the seller lowered the price to $800 on the Springfield. I don't plan on firing it anymore unless I use lead bullets.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I came across another Springfield last night this one has a very low serial number mated up to a dated 41 barrel and two recoil bolt stock. The stock has been refinished and no visible markings on it.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.