Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok been gone for awhile working out of state came a cross a m96 cg 1903 middle band doesnt match floor plate doesnt match mic rear sights outstanding barrel wood matches in color he's asking 350.00 what are these rifles bringing now? is it a good deal just wondering if i could find one matching all the way for same price?

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
8,716 Posts
To buy , or not to buy ???????

Your description is not enough to base a price on your rifle . There are people paying $350 for mismatched M-96 rifles , but I believe you can find a matching one for that price . It is not a bargain in my opinion . If it had a fancy fiddleback stock , then it may be worth much more ! The Vasteras micro rear sight is valued in the $50+ range , but Swedish diopter rear sights sell in the $150+ range . Which do you have ? What type wood do you have ? Does it have a unit disc or bore disc ? The answer to many questions could raise or lower the price .

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
m96

it has a stock disc marked 2 wood is really nice but not fiddleback or tiger striped the sights are on the rear sight base not on the reciever barrel looked like it was new but its marked 2 on the disc.

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
8,716 Posts
It all depends what it is worth to you ????

Is the stock a beech or walnut replacement , or does it have an original French walnut stock with the early 85 degree buttplate angle ? 1902/1903 was the approximate transition years for the new 90 degree buttplate . If the buttplate matches the receiver , most likely the stock will match . The handguard may or may not match . The disc marking means little , as it may have had 1000's of rounds fired through it since last in the arsenal . The choice is yours !!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info swede got him down to 275 baby is coming home but plate matches with the stock thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts