Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gentlemen,

The Krag-Jørgensen was the mainstay of the Norwegian civilian shooting association (DFS) from 1895 until the Sauer 200 STR was adopted in 1990. Not surprisingly, the introduction of the Sauer led to the market being flooded with Krags, there is still an abundance of them. Nobody seems to want them, being less accurate than the modern Sauer and not having reached a collectors' status - yet.

I posted a 1908 vintage marksmanship rifle earlier: http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=6557

The rifle shown below is a good example of how the Krag often looked towards the end of its rifle club career, which lasted for at least 95 years. Not a bad career at all. This one has a Danish Schultz & Larsen heavy barrel, laminated custom stock (probably made by the Norwegian Larsen stockmakers), Kongsberg custom trigger group and a match sling. The sight is the old Kongsberg M/23; the Schou sight shown in the other thread was considered a better one.

I picked this one up today, I'll post a range report when I find the time to shoot it. Although
I'm more of a collector than a shooter, I try to take them all to the range from time to time.

Balder

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Balder - please e-mail me. Many thanks.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Balder about the Diopter i'm watching the Hanevik book at page 363 and the sight is colled Dioptersikte m/30. I have seen a rifle like your in a italian dealer some month ago with that sight. It was to expencive for me damn.

well compliments for the "little" beauty

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Balder about the Diopter i'm watching the Hanevik book at page 363 and the sight is colled Dioptersikte m/30. I have seen a rifle like your in a italian dealer some month ago with that sight. It was to expencive for me damn.

well compliments for the "little" beauty
redimacchia,

A very good observation in deed. This particular one does have several similarities with the M/30, but it appears to be a transitional model between M/23 and M/30 which is my reason for using the M/23 designation. I'm surprised to learn that rifles like this are found in Italy.

Balder

·
Registered
326 Posts
redimacchia,

A very good observation in deed. This particular one does have several similarities with the M/30, but it appears to be a transitional model between M/23 and M/30 which is my reason for using the M/23 designation. I'm surprised to learn that rifles like this are found in Italy.

Balder

Well normally in Italy you can find, every 5/6 years, about 20/30 Lang Krag each time imported by italian dealers. And considering that in italy the collectors environment is known to be one of the most expencive in the world they are cheaper then the american and the danish ones. During my research i have taken photos of one M1912 carabine, two M /25 "Sniper", 12 Lang Krag ( Kongsberg and Steyr), a possible M/23 Sniper, two M/30 ex M/94 and two sporting rifles like your. Next year i will try to import from Norway a M/1894 made by STEYR.

regards

·
Registered
459 Posts
Balder - thankyou for sharing.
If what you say is true about these types of Krags not being that popular over your way, maybe we should start talking about relocating some over my way. Easy or difficult from your end?

Redimacchia - impressive research!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Redimacchia - impressive research!
Thankyou Milsurp but there are only the rifles seen in the last six years and only one of them now is in my collection :( I must do a travell in Norway next year LOL

regards

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Balder - thankyou for sharing.
If what you say is true about these types of Krags not being that popular over your way, maybe we should start talking about relocating some over my way. Easy or difficult from your end?
Milsurp,

Since I bought yet another sporterized Krag today (will post pics tomorrow), I'm thinking about selling this one. Export license should not be a problem, but the paperwork may take a few months to clear. Granted the buyer has all the right papers I can ship it anywhere, I'll sell to the highest bidder. Shipping, taxes and other costs will be paid by the buyer. Minimum price is 2500 NOK (Norwegian kroner) - you'll need to translate it into your currency with a currency converter.

Moderators: I hope it's OK that I post this here, please inform me if I need to move it.

Balder

1 - 11 of 11 Posts