Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I saw Finn m91 handguards for sale online and ordered a spare "just in case". I'm glad I did. Today I was able to bring home this Finn 1899 Sestroryetsk minus handguard and with a few minor issues, for a really good price. I swapped out a band with a broken screw, added the spare handguard, and she's good to go. I borrowed a front Finn sling hanger for the photos.

I didn't have time to look over the finer details except that the tang matches, good bore, and a decent trigger. I'll dive into it deeper after I return home from quick trip to a few counties away.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Yes a nice one. Hope you didn't toss the broken band. IIRC I made a post a while back about re-tapping a barrel band and getting a common thread machine screw (6mm I think I used) to make a barrel band useful. As there are no current reproduction bands, or screws being produced it's a quick fix or temporary measure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.