Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this rifle for some time and now with other projects finished I can look at this one.
This rifle has a krag receiver with springfeild on it and a 1922 02 or 03 8-32 springfield barrel with this printed on it "long rifle cartridge only" but it is not a rim fire I casted the chamber and it is a 22 hornet the stock is a custom job from the way it looks. Everything is real fit and finished a professonal job for sure there are not any other marks to mention that I can see. Does anyone have any info on this type of combination being built and by who? I bought this as a military trainer but did not look as close as I should have when I bought it. it is drilled for a unughty scope with no scope.
Thanks for any input or thought on the matter.
Thanks.

·
Registered
718 Posts
This was a fairly common conversion in the '30's when Krags were $1.50 thru NRA. Some were done by the famous, Ackley, Sedgely, some by bubba. Value as a shooter, I think, if it shoots. Nice Rook rifle.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,598 Posts
Unfortunately yours is a shooter,had it been the original tariner you'd have a rifle with a very repectable market value-I've got one, with Pope barrel, pics below-

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
custome rifle

if one of the said makers built this rifle from the previous post how would I tell who built this rifle? I have tried to post pic's but cant figure out how. this is a real nice peice.
Thanks Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts