Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This one was at the OOW table. Not Finned, Tula dated 1896..all parts were Tula hammer, non import, swivel through mag, no slots in stock, cross bolt present, sn# number stamped on rear of butt plate, mag base matched receiver..bolt had a lined out number and was stamped matching..but the font looked right and compatable with the patina on the bolt.. Metal and wood looked like it was all origina as far as finish..bore was pretty good too.lt was really interesting to check out..but was priced at $650.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Tuco are you sayin that was a good price for that gun?

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
I think too much as I just want Wayne to be out of cash for the show next week - since I will be there I do not want him to be rich...... If it had the original rear sight and no crossbolt it would be a steal but I think way too much for one just lacking the slots.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tuco...last time I saw you at Knob Creek you were packing several cases of MRE's down the hill...even if I bought that Tula..there will still be mass quantities of MRE's left for you....but the circa 1967 Ham and MoFos you prefer ran out a few years ago. That would have been a costly Finn..but it was nice.

·
Premium Member
9,941 Posts
I think you have me and Ol Duke mixed up. He is the MRE king! Then again seeing you walk around in that thong was scary. I had to go home and throw up.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
If it had the early flat rear sight, you definitely messed up not grabbing it. If it had the later, curved rear sight, the price was a bit high.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,527 Posts
Yeah I saw that one, if it had the original rear sight it would have come home with me but unfortunatly it had been upgraded. Too much money for what it was. Stock was cool but it would have been cooler at 1/2 the price.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
in case you guys are interested in arguing with the owner the gun will be at the creek. It won't be on the table as the MG's will take up a lot of space but I'll dig it out if one of you wants it....
Ohio Ords tables are the first ones in the pole barn in the middle row.
Frank

·
Gold Bullet member
4,947 Posts
Wow hearing that price I don't feel bad for the price I paid for the Flat sight 1900 all matching Tula I bought now. However what I just paid for a nicer M27 Tikka M27 I do feel bad about and I think I have learned a valuable lesson the hard and expensive way! Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts