Awesome!!! Congratulations! :D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Man! I want one of those!!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Beautiful rifle. I think the Sestroryetsk barrel stamp logo is the most elegant of them all.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Very nice rifle. I love the pre-1899 model 91's

The white paste brings out the attractive Sesty logo too.

What's up with the 3 different serial numbers ?

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,377 Posts
Very nice rifle. I love the pre-1899 model 91's

The white paste brings out the attractive Sesty logo too.

What's up with the 3 different serial numbers ?
The one on the left side looks like a Civil Guard number (notice the small circle in front of it just like M28s). The one on the top flat of the receiver is a puzzle, but I bet it's Finnish also. Maybe a CG number that just doesn't have the S prefix.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,042 Posts
OK, this looks like a definite candidate for 'improvement'. Too much wood in that stock...I'm sure accuracy suffers. I'd wager that nasty metal butt plate really hurts the shoulder, too. :D

Keith (Nice one...is this the $750 example that was offered about two weeks ago?)

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
The one on the left side looks like a Civil Guard number (notice the small circle in front of it just like M28s). The one on the top flat of the receiver is a puzzle, but I bet it's Finnish also. Maybe a CG number that just doesn't have the S prefix.
Well, I have a Sestroresk with a number on the flat too, but without obvious Finnish Marks... This also has an undated tang, and the drill and tapped grease hole...

·
Mr. Flashy Pants
7,377 Posts
Well, I have a Sestroresk with a number on the flat too, but without obvious Finnish Marks... This also has an undated tang, and the drill and tapped grease hole...
That barrel is a lot later than the receiver. No telling when or where it picked up that number, but the font style looks later rather than earlier in my opinion.

·
Gold Bullet Member
2,191 Posts
True. It is a rebarrel, which made it more interesting to me. I will have to pull it out to see what other markings are on it. It has been a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts