Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This little beauty (all-matching s/n) was in danger of becoming a safe queen after looking pretty for more years than I care to remember, but she just cried out to be put through her paces. So today, when I finally got around to rolling a fresh batch of 6.5 (SMKHPBT 140 grain, IMR4064), I had to see what she could do. :p

I was shooting from a bench, forestock on a sandbag rest. (The coin is a quarter.) I held low for the first round, expecting the gun to shoot high at such a short distance. What a surprise when the hole appeared almost exactly where I aimed (six o'clock below the Shoot-N-See). The remaining nine rounds found their way closer to the x-ring, but the windage was a bit off to the left, and I couldn't quite find the exact hold-off to the right. Anyway, she sure is fun to shoot! I think we''ll go for 200 yards tomorrow... :eek:

·
Registered
680 Posts
That's a nice looking carbine & seems to shoot pretty well too. Thanks for the range report & photo.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Man! Can't wait for my 94/14 to get here tomorow so I can put it through it's paces on the range. I'll also be using 140s with IMR 4064.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ammo for M94

Hey GAcop, did you get your 94/14 yet? Full report, please. :) Did you notice that mine is w/o the bayonet attachment? But I do like the bent bolt handle.

BTW: My 4064 load is 33.3gr. ...Zero recoil. My 4th-grader stepson shot it and said, "Cool. It's like shooting a .22!"

·
Registered
151 Posts
Got the 94/14 yesterday afternoon. It's not matching but that wasn't a big issue from the start. After cleaning the bore, it is bright and shiney with just a bit of freckling. Wood only has a few small dings and metal finish is at least 90%. The 1914 bayonet really sets it off along with the sling that came with it. I'll try your 140 grain/4064 load in it this weekend if the weather co-operates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts