Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dug out some parts I had stashed for a small ring 7.62x39 build and noticed this small proof on an 1895 Ludwig Loewe receiver. How common was it to have been Nazi marked? Please keep in mind I know nearly zilch about the subject. Googled "Nazi marked Ludwig Loewe" and came up with nothing. Just curious. Thanks

Attachments

·
Diamond Member with Oak Leaves and Swords
3,472 Posts
Only one is a proof mark.

The "OVS" are the initials of a country in southern Africa which disappeared in 1902. The eagle and swastika is the mark in the Nazi Third Reich in Germany which destroyed much of the Loewe family and stole their property.

While both can be found on firearms, they are historically separated by 30-40 years.

Also, it appears that the marks are stamped on the bottom flat of a reciever, correct?
Regards,
john

·
Silver Bullet member
1,452 Posts
Very strange. Since this receiver was sitting in a parts box, it can't have been very expensive. So why would someone go to the trouble of faking markings on this receiver?
My guess is they were practicing to see how much force was needed to get a good strike from the die, before they really got down to 'business'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.