Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up at a local gunshow. I paid $275 and I didn't try to talk him down because I thought the price was fair enough. It is a K prefix. The numbers are matching except for the floorplate. It is import marked by CAI. The stock is in excellent condition and has not been sanded. My question is regarding the stock. There is no Chilean crest on the buttstock so I am unsure if this is the original stock? The only marking I found on the stock is the shield mark to the right of the receiver crest. I would rate the bore as very good+. I am unsure of the exact value because the stock is still in question to me.

Attachments

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,336 Posts
Nice rifle.Hard to tell why there is no crest.However spanish 93 stocks and all that look different than Chilean German mfg stocks.I have seen Chilean 95s with the crest and MB where the date is.I have the Chilean 93 with no crest in stock and they may have not stamped it.No big deal if the floorplate dosent match,bolt is more critical to collectors.Could be just a replacement stock-I bought several new Argentine 91 stocks from Springfield in the 1990s and they had no numbers or crest but just very small proofmarks.Looked like spare German mfg stocks.The small Chilean proofs are the crossed pick and shovel and the shield could be a simplified Chilean Crest.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts