Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having my eye on a Chilean Mauser for several months, and when the tax return came in the wife said I could go get it! wow, she is better then I thought! Any way, the Mauser is all matching except the cleaning rod, the bore is spotless, sharp rifling. The bolt face has almost no ring around the firing pin hole. No importers mark. So Friday weather was decent I took her out for a walk about. Old logging area. First shot as a sandstone boulder 200 yards direct hit. several other targets mostly 100 yards also hit. Will bench rest some time in the future for groups. Had several hand loads split necks, and no problems with dispersing of the gases. I have to learn how to anneal my cases as I was using cut down .30-06 brass. Blueing is about 95%. I am happy with it I hope I did not over pay, at $360 OTD.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The 1895s, especially the Infantry Rifles, are one of my favorites. Mine doesn't sound nearly as nice, but I've always had results under 2 MOA with it.
Probably my most accurate Mauser along with my Gewehr 98.

In very high to mint condition, these are valuable rifles. I think you did fine, especially if you like the rifle.

I lucked out and bought an 85% bluing, matching but bolt guts example with solid (but rather dinged up) wood for ~$185 at the Gander Mountain sale a few years back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.