Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe I have acquired an 1894 Swedish carbine. Its top markings are Carl Gustafs Stads Gevrsfaktori 1907 s/n 44***. The rifle looks original except the stock does not have the wooden top guard and is approximately 1/2 the length of the barrel. The stock does show the markings (now filled in with a filler putty) of the round stock disk (?) and the military sling, but no signs of a barrel band. The stock seems to have been designed as a sporter version and seems to not have been designed for the top wooden guard. All the info and pictures I have seen on this subject shows a top wooden guard and or a full length stock to the end of the barrel. Is this a 6.5x55 ? And does anybody know anything about this variant ? Thank you

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,329 Posts
You have a typical sporterized M-94 carbine . The stock has been chopped & handguard removed . NO such military version . Purely the work of Bubba !!!!!!!

The year & serial number would indicate a Swedish carbine , which originally was 6.5 x 55 calibur . Could be something else if Bubba wanted it changed . If any doubt , take it to a qualified gunsmith . Do not take a chance with your life or anyone elses life , by chambering a round & firing it without knowing the calibur .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts