Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this board for the variety of interests here. Posted pics of my military guns, but also have this 1919 vintage Winchester 1894, given to me by a friend, who is the nephew of the original owner of this gun. He was a cowboy all over the western US immediately after WW1, when he was discharged from the Army after returning from the war. It is in perfect shooting condition, in fact, my friend killed 9 mule deer in Montana with it over the years. Have to get in reasonable range for the caliber, but it works!

·
Registered
8 Posts
WOW.... this is the twin to the one I own ...mine has DOM 1908...about the same shape...what a history these guns have had. Very shootable and a joy to hold.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't you just love how these older 1894's feel ? I think the stocks are a little bit thinner than the more modern 94's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have 10 of the ole' girls...4 rifles and 6 carbines. Mostly 30-30 but have a 32sp and 38-55 to play with. 4 are pre-1910 and range from 1949 to "71. Love the "boom" these give off....excellent in the bush where you do not need the "long distance" calibers....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts