Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member and Noted Curmudgeon
99,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This from another forum I frequent:

I recently bought an 1892 terni carcano. it has numerous stamps and proof marks that I have been trying to find info on to no success. I was wondering if anyone can help. I has a 5 sided octagonal part at the bottom of the barrell, on left side it has a PG inside an oval, 2 crossed rifles below a target inside an oval, and a crown over a shield inside an oval. on the top it has TERNI stamped, on the right side it has a K stamped and 1892 stamped. The PG stamp is on various places on the gun. It also has a crest stamped into the stock that says Roma and Raparazione with a date of 1920, I assumed that was when it was refitted by the Italian Military. It also has LE stamped into various places on the stock. I can see the original serial number from the stock, and the current serial number has been stamped over top when refitted.

I can't answer, but I expect somebody here can. Please help.

·
99,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clyde,

Your PM inbox is full so I sent the requested information via e-mail. Great grab!! Few Carcano rifles this old remain. SW
Got it and posted the info on antique guns for the querent. You ought to register there, there are some interesting folks and we can alwys se a few more knowledgeable people. One of them is Bill Curtis, descendant of the "Curtis" in Curtis & Harvey, the 19th century British powder-makers. Very knowledgeable on 19th century stuff, both British and Continental and very involved with the Crimean War Society.

PS wish it was mine, but it ain't.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HI I am the original poster of this message, I recently purchased this gun for about 200, I just ordered new stripper clips for it. I will get pictures up as soon as possible, I have some pics but they are not close enough to show much detail. How do I post a pic, or should I email them to a particular person?

Thanks
Troy

·
99,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HI I am the original poster of this message, I recently purchased this gun for about 200, I just ordered new stripper clips for it. I will get pictures up as soon as possible, I have some pics but they are not close enough to show much detail. How do I post a pic, or should I email them to a particular person?

Thanks
Troy
Instructions for posting pictures on the System Help Forum, I think.

Might consider e-mailing direct to 5thDragoons as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts