Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've only shot handloads out my '91 and factory ammo out of my '96, but that said, the Argentine was distinctly more accurate. That was my experience, but a lot a things could vary between shooters...gun fit, ammo and weather spring to mind.

Anyway, your rifle should shoot as well as you need. Enjoy!

Chris

·
Registered
192 Posts
Shot handloads in several 91s and several 96s. I'd give the accuracy edge to the Swedes, but a lot of that could be due to the much broader selection of good bullets in .264 relative to .311-312. Plus the Swede sights are much more user friendly (to my old eyes, anyway) than the inverted V front and tiny V-notch rear of the M91.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Just had my Argi-Cavalry carbine to the range today as one of the rifles I want to spend some time in the PA woods with this deer season. Bore is less than pristine and the sights are difficult for 40+ year old eyes but.......still able to do about 2.5" at 100 yards.

Sure is a sweet little rifle!!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
My long rifle had to be counterbored as the muzzle was pretty ratty; that done, it shoots about 3" at 100 yards using Hornady .312 bullets. I suspect if someone made a .313 round nose in the 220 gr range it would do better.

My carbines manage about 5" at 100 but I have to use longer heavier bullets. I usually use a Lyman 314299 cast bullet over 18 gr of 2400 powder.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
this was the rifle that started it all for me..years ago in alexandria va right across the street from the inter arms warehouse was a place called hunters haven,i slected mine fom a rack that had at least 70 of them,all matching numbers....no import marks back then and a bore thats was as bright and shiney as anyone could wish for..cost me 75.oo bucks, the next day i came back and got a case of 1000 rds of ammo for 65.00,it was made by lowe in berlin and it shot like a dream,im sad to say when i went away to boot camp back in 82 my moms house where i had it stored was broken into,to this day i miss that rifle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.