Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a few photos, I'll take and post high-resolution and macro pics after I have it in hand, hopefully by the end of next week. :D

This one is coming from North China Arms, Kevin sent out a pre-Christmas list in early December.

I've wanted one of these for a while now...

Thanks again Kevin, I'll be in touch!

·
Registered
125 Posts
These questions are probably innapropriate, but that never really stopped me before...so here goes.

What would these 2 rifles be worth?

What/where is North China Arms.....did a search on the web and found nothing. (Norico???)

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Re: rifle values and North China Arms

Prices can be subjective, and are dependent on what any given buyer is willing to pay for a particular rifle. I've been told that Berdan rifles can go for anywhere from $800 to $1500 or more depending on condition and markings. Portuguese Kropatscheks can go from $250 to $500 or more, also depending on condition and markings. Both of these are within those ranges, the details are between myself and the seller.

Kevin Carney is the owner/proprietor of North China Arms. He used to have a website a long time ago, but it has been offline for years. He is a very well known collector and has contributed a lot of specialized and detailed information to the Mosinnagant.net web site in conjunction with JPS (John P. Sheehan) and Vic Thomas. Much of his contributions pertain to obscure and rare Mosin Nagant variations; Lithuanian, Montenegron, Serbian and others just to name a few.

Other board members who have known Kevin longer than I have can probably say more, but he's an excellent collector to deal with, and an all-around great guy to boot. Thanks again Kevin !! Looking forward to seeing both rifles.

These questions are probably innapropriate, but that never really stopped me before...so here goes.

What would these 2 rifles be worth?

What/where is North China Arms.....did a search on the web and found nothing. (Norico???)

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,549 Posts
congratulations, those are two excellent pieces. You are moving from gunhorder to serious collector mogul guy now. :D Very nice stuff.

I bought my SA marked M38 carbine from Kevin, he is a really great guy with some super stuff. I think you will be extremely pleased.

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: firing them - but of COURSE !!

Thanks for all of the nice comments, I'll be sure to post all of the detailed photos after I receive them next week.

Regarding shooting them, of COURSE I'm going to fire them, just as soon as I can get (or make) ammunition for them. That includes the 6.5mm Carcano converted 1889 Italian Vetterli I got last week (and the other Kropatschek).... :D

Nice ones Gunhorde. Congratulations on finding your Berdan at last!

I think the proper question for Gunhorde is "do you plan on firing them [the same day you pick them up, or the following weekend]?" :)

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
congratulations, those are two excellent pieces. You are moving from gunhorder to serious collector mogul guy now. :D Very nice stuff.

I bought my SA marked M38 carbine from Kevin, he is a really great guy with some super stuff. I think you will be extremely pleased.
I always have been EXTREMELY please with anything I've ever obtained from Kevin. The man is a class act for certain, like everyone else I've ever dealt with on Gunboards. Thanks everyone! :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks for all of the nice comments, I'll be sure to post all of the detailed photos after I receive them next week.

Regarding shooting them, of COURSE I'm going to fire them, just as soon as I can get (or make) ammunition for them. That includes the 6.5mm Carcano converted 1889 Italian Vetterli I got last week (and the other Kropatschek).... :D
Good to hear... hey, you're from MN aren't you? I think it's only fair to let us see 'em in action... when it has warmed up a bit. :) BTW, who is that in your avatar?

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
re: Berdan stock

It does look rather shiney in the photos; the listing describes the rifle as "reworked". That's OK with me as long as it wasn;t a "bubba" job, it looks like an older, possibly arsenal rework - Since it's Romanian marked, maybe they reworked the stock when the rear sight was replaced? It's all speculation until I have it in hand anyway.

Is the stock on that Berdan really that nice? 'cause if it is you suck, and if it's refinished you still suck for having a Berdan II. And the Kropatschek is righteous and beauteous in all regards.

·
Platinum Bullet member
5,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep, I'm in MN...

Drop me a PM or e-mail, if you're close to the twin cities maybe we can get together for a range trip sometime.

Who CARES who my avatar is !! She's a hot chick with a gun, and that's all I need to know !! :cool: (I know, I'm *SO* shallow... heh-heh-heh)

Good to hear... hey, you're from MN aren't you? I think it's only fair to let us see 'em in action... when it has warmed up a bit. :) BTW, who is that in your avatar?

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Congrats on the Berdan! I look forward to seeing more pics when you get it! BTW the stock may be refinished - no cartouche. I like the rear sight and would like better pics of that. I cannot read the arsenal mark in the pictures - which is it?
Joe

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.