Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm confused about ammo for this rifle. This one ser. num. puts it at 1890, black powder, sporting style rifle. Stamped 32wcf. Warnings not to shoot smokeless in many articles are noted, pistol rounds probably okay. Checked Old Western ammuntion and they show loads with a 170-180 grain cast lead bullet. In a 32-20 case??? Must be traveling at 200 fps??? Comments please.

·
Gold Bulllet Member
2,763 Posts
I'm confused about ammo for this rifle. This one ser. num. puts it at 1890, black powder, sporting style rifle. Stamped 32wcf. Warnings not to shoot smokeless in many articles are noted, pistol rounds probably okay. Checked Old Western ammuntion and they show loads with a 170-180 grain cast lead bullet. In a 32-20 case??? Must be traveling at 200 fps??? Comments please.
The data you mention would be for the .32 Winchester Special. Not the .32-20 as it used 80g to about 115g projectiles. You can shoot smokeless rounds in that 73 all day long if its in good condition. chester.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is in very good shape with the dust cover. Friend wants to sell it, I don't need it but he's putting the pressure on. I suspect he is stuck with it for awhile. Appreciate your reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts