Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon,

Trying not to reach for the Dremel but am frustrated. The bolt on the upper barrel band has recently decided not to bottom in the hole within the upper band. I have had this rifle for many years and it just started to happen. Thoughts and solutions greatly welcomed before I trash the bolt further. Something has rotated and I am thinking the barrel lug. Thanks, Randy

·
Gold Bullet member
11,757 Posts
Is the screw entering completely into the threaded hole on the opposite side? The tip of the bolt shaft should be just about flush with the outside surface of the band. Don't break out the Dremel just yet...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the screw entering completely into the threaded hole on the opposite side? The tip of the bolt shaft should be just about flush with the outside surface of the band. Don't break out the Dremel just yet...
Sir,

On my '71, there are threads are at the entrance to the lug (left) that match the threads just below the bulbous head on the bolt. At the far end of the bolt is long shaft that is smooth forming a pin that is reaching corresponding hole on the the right side of the band. When I thread the bolt into the lug without the band, it goes in just fine. Randy

·
Gold Bullet member
11,757 Posts
Ah yes, I forgot that's the arrangement on these bolts. Just to be sure, when installing the bolt through the band, does the smooth tip of the bolt shaft align with the hole on the right side? If not, the bolt shaft will butt up against the inside of the band and won't seat entirely. Maybe a bit of twisting of the band is needed to get the bolt shaft to line up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.