Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·



This target is from my M1867 French Chassepot long rifle and my latest attempt at paper cartridge making. My first attempt at the cartridges resulted in only about 60% of the rounds detonating. I changed my method of compressing the Pyrodex and today I was 100%! :crossfingers: The chamber stayed pretty clean and I didn't brush between any of the shots.
The target was shot at 50 yds. My point of aim was the "5" in the midsection and the first round is the one located in the right forearm. The others seemed to go pretty much in the same general location, a bit high and a bit left. The charge was 75 gn Pyrodex with a 5cc Lee dipper of 3f BP around the primer cap.


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
786 Posts
Mle. 1866 Chassepot

Along with the Dreyse system, the Mle. 1866 is a very accurate. We have had pleasing results with bench rested at 100 Yards.

Targets from left to right:- Cavalry carbine and Fusil at Bisley Short Siberia range 100 yards. The carbine chambers the rifle cartridge and recoil is punishing. Attachment on the right: demonstrating a Cavalry Carbine that was issued to the 1st Hussars.

Larryhoosier, persist and the results will please you.

G and L A-R-West
 

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top