Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
No, BP 1858 is not considered a firearm by ATF. Local laws may apply.

Any large vendor will ship you a 1858 right to your door, unless you live in an area prohibited.

It would help if you posted where you want it shipped to. City and State.

·
Registered
97 Posts
April of 2009, the Peepuls Demokratik Republik of Vashington Stat decreed that ALL revolver/pistols must do the 10-day wait or CC license thing.
They make no distinction between BP or smokeless.
I can order a BP rifle and have it sent to the door but a pistol must go through an FFL.

You'd best double check your local laws, etc to make sure they didn't sneak something through when your back was turned. (like they did here)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just recieved my 1858 from Cabela's off the brown truck at my doorstep.

Here in Illinois you need to photocopy your drivers liscense and F.O.I.D. card and send it to them before they fill the order.

Most vendors state you must contact them before ordering to comply with the laws in your state.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
I think the OP forgot about this thread.

There are so many variations of local laws on BP, that when that type of question is asked, he must say where he is or ask for a specific area. Otherwise he will get tons of answers from folks around the country and may never get the answers he needs for his particular area.

It is also a simple matter of just going to the vendors web site. Order and read about what is needed for his particular area, if anything.

Fly is still posting on other subjects, so he is still around..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts