Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The date code on the pistol is 92 and I either bought in 92 or 93 when I was stationed at Fort Polk. I have sure put a lot of rb's through her over the years, it was my first cap and ball pistol. My boys grew up

shooting this revolver and they are now both on active duty one in the Army and the other in USAF. As you can see from the pics the hand spring broke, should be able to find one easy enough and a good

excuse to clean all the gunk out of the inards after 20 some years. Also in the pic you can see two flattened spent caps I found down under the hammer, don't know how long they were there but it was still

shootin till this week, actually it will still functiuon but you have to point the nose down to cock it or the hand won't engage the cylinder. I have heard the Pietta parts will fit an ASM does anyone know if this is

true?

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
11,643 Posts
At first I thought you meant she came apart from a catastrophic failure. Not bad to go 20+ years without any issues until a broken spring. I'm sure you can get it back up in serviceable condition with a bit of effort.

·
Registered
877 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought the Pietta parts kit at Cabellas, it took a bit of file work to make the hand fit. Now she runs good as new, I took the time to harden the new hand as well I think this will pay off as it should last longer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.