Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 483 Posts

·
Registered
11,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I do hope that every paragraph and every picture is in the right order now, but we will see.

Here is the hint:

The Peacemaker said: Go West

I want to know

a correct kind of a headline and
two dates, please.

Have fun, a good weekend and stay safe and healthy.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,760 Posts
Horace Greeley said to Josiah Bushnell Grinnell July 13, 1865.
repeated from H.G.
Manifest destiny Concepts > in 1833 "Go West, young man, go West.
There is health in the country, and room away from our crowds of idlers and imbeciles
." "That," I said, "is very frank advice, but it is medicine easier given than taken.
It is a wide country, but I do not know just where to go." "It is all room away from the pavements.

·
Registered
11,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Horace Greeley said to Josiah Bushnell Grinnell July 13, 1865.
repeated from H.G.
Manifest destiny Concepts > in 1833 "Go West, young man, go West.
There is health in the country, and room away from our crowds of idlers and imbeciles
." "That," I said, "is very frank advice, but it is medicine easier given than taken.
It is a wide country, but I do not know just where to go." "It is all room away from the pavements.

DK PHILLIPS, thank you, this was a reason why I made the hint as it is, but unfortunately it is not the answer, sorry.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,760 Posts
Well I gave it a wild card spread...thanks..made me even think and reread this part of history..<>< dan
have a bless day...

·
Registered
11,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I still need the answers to my questions, please.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Is it anything to do with Roosevelts book, The Winning of the West, From the Alleghenies to the Mississippi that he started writing in 1888?.

·
Registered
11,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it anything to do with Roosevelts book, The Winning of the West, From the Alleghenies to the Mississippi that he started writing in 1888?.
Excellent knowledge, Snayperskaya, but sorry, NO.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I still need the answers to my questions, please.

8 February 1904- Japan's declaration of war
5 September 1905- Treaty of Portsmouth signed
The go west comment could refer to his tour of the American west April and May 1903 but I couldn't find any specific dates or headlines pertaining to it.

·
Registered
11,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
8 February 1904- Japan's declaration of war
5 September 1905- Treaty of Portsmouth signed
The go west comment could refer to his tour of the American west April and May 1903 but I couldn't find any specific dates or headlines pertaining to it.
David, I have to confess that I am glad that this quiz is not as easy as it seemed in the beginning.
So I am just a little sorry to say NO.

·
Registered
11,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
More than one weekend and no answers! To quote a great poet: "I love it when a plan comes together!" :)

1 - 20 of 483 Posts