Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I prepared this quiz some time ago, but then forgot about it. I like the hint, though. Here it is:

First the supreme commander met the sisters. A week later he was dead and quite a short time later seven sisters died.

I want to know

• the name of the supreme commander,
  • the names of the seven sisters
  • and the dates of death, please.
Have fun and a good and healthy weekend.

·
Oak Leaves with Clusters Member
3,433 Posts
As soon as I saw seven sisters, I thought it must have something to to with the naming of the Pleiades star cluster, possibly something in ancient mythology. Looks like I was wrong.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As soon as I saw seven sisters, I thought it must have something to to with the naming of the Pleiades star cluster, possibly something in ancient mythology. Looks like I was wrong.
You are right, nwellons: it is wrong. sorry.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Supreme commander to me denotes both political and military primacy, if so it should limit the options. Hasn't helped me though so far:confused:.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Supreme commander to me denotes both political and military primacy, if so it should limit the options. Hasn't helped me though so far:confused:.
Absolutely correct, staffy, it denotes both.

·
Gold Bullet member
7,505 Posts
Anything related to Joseph Stalin and the "Seven Sisters" - skyscrapers built in Moscow between 1947 and 1953?

Joe died March 5, 1953, or so we were told.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anything related to Joseph Stalin and the "Seven Sisters" - skyscrapers built in Moscow between 1947 and 1953?

Joe died March 5, 1953, or so we were told.
Interesting idea, Leon, but wrong, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Are the Seven Sisters the seven hills of Rome.....Aventine Hill (Latin, Aventinus; Italian, Aventino) Caelian Hill (Cælius, Celio) Capitoline Hill (Capitolinus, Campidoglio) Esquiline Hill (Esquilinus, Esquilino) Palatine Hill (Palatinus, Palatino) Quirinal Hill (Quirinalis, Quirinale) Viminal Hill (Viminalis, Viminale) , and the supreme leader the Emperor Romulus Augustulus, who reigned from 28 August 475 - 4 September 476 and was the last Roman Emperor?.

Date 476 AD, following the defeat by the Germanic leader Odoacer who became the first barbarian ruler of Rome.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Are the Seven Sisters the seven hills of Rome.....Aventine Hill (Latin, Aventinus; Italian, Aventino) Caelian Hill (Cælius, Celio) Capitoline Hill (Capitolinus, Campidoglio) Esquiline Hill (Esquilinus, Esquilino) Palatine Hill (Palatinus, Palatino) Quirinal Hill (Quirinalis, Quirinale) Viminal Hill (Viminalis, Viminale) , and the supreme leader the Emperor Romulus Augustulus, who reigned from 28 August 475 - 4 September 476 and was the last Roman Emperor?.

Date 476 AD, following the defeat by the Germanic leader Odoacer who became the first barbarian ruler of Rome.
Very interesting idea, Snayperskaya, but unfortunately wrong, sorry.

1 - 20 of 371 Posts