Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally a full set. I was able to find a really nice bayonet for my 1819 Hall.

Musical instrument Baize Wood Table Idiophone

Baize Green Wood Rectangle Flooring

Trigger Air gun Gun accessory Wood Gas

Musical instrument Kitchen utensil Metal Cylinder Art

·
Administrator
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A Hall rifle program? I want to be a member of that club whatever the program is. :) Is it a group buy?

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,545 Posts
The programs vary. The month before it was single shot shotguns. It has been Daisy BB guns, flare pistols, .32 caliber revolvers, lever action rifles-no Winchesters, what ever we can find someone willing to talk about.
Posted some pictures here-
Halls rifles, carbines and a Sharps pisto.
Smoke Pole - Blackpowder Forum
Had a fantastic presentation at our club tonight on Halls rifles and carbines. The speaker was well versed and very interesting. One thing he brought out besides the Hall being the first widely used issue breechloader world wide was that it was also the first to be truly made of interchangeable...

Also had one of Harpers Ferry Muskets by the same gentlemen last month.

Harpers Ferry Muskets-Charleville to Richmond
Smoke Pole - Blackpowder Forum
Had a great presentation at our club tonight on Harpers Ferry Muskets. He did a great job and had a fantastic collection of Harpers Ferry Muskets. It was a very interesting explanation of the various models as well as high points about the construction, use and destruction of the arsenal. In...

We have had guns owned by famous people including the rifle Tom Horn was arrested with. Not all programs are that exotic. We are in Central Illinois. Message me if you want more information.

Gary

·
Administrator
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Impressive! What a club you have! (y)

·
Registered
220 Posts
Got mine off ebay around a year ago. Was listed as an 1816 bayo and looked a little rusty. In one listing photo I could see the telltale Hall profile on the socket. Was a steal at $75. A little time in the electrolysis tank and it looks real nice on my Hall rifle.

·
Administrator
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not very many people are familiar with the bayonet and Hall books are kinda expensive and hard to find.

Green Product Book Font Material property

Reactions: staffy

·
Administrator
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This combination flask is probably the rarest accoutrement. Most expensive, too.

Cylinder Rectangle Font Metal Temperature
Gesture Font Outdoor shoe Pattern Art

·
Administrator
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hall's breechloader is one of the most significant milestones in the US (and world's) small arms history. John Hall was a genius as he not only designed the gun, but also designed all the tooling and the manufacturing process, where the gun was made from truly interchangeable parts and at a very modest cost.

Air gun Trigger Wood Shotgun Gun barrel

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
Truly the first firearm that had interchangeable parts, largely unknown and often attributed to Colt.
IIRC some 1,000 rifles were disassembled and the parts mixed up before rebuilding them - with a successful outcome.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts