Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up this Type 14 two weeks ago. Mag and firing pin are not matching. No numbers that I can find on the firing pin. The bore is real nice with no pitting. I see that Nagoya made around 12,000 in 17th series. Does that make worth more than a more common Nagoya or Kokura? When I bought it I knew that the mag was a mismatch but not the firing pin. Well live an learn I paid 450.00. I think to much.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
View attachment 762484 View attachment 762485 View attachment 762486 I picked up this Type 14 two weeks ago. Mag and firing pin are not matching. No numbers that I can find on the firing pin. The bore is real nice with no pitting. I see that Nagoya made around 12,000 in 17th series. Does that make worth more than a more common Nagoya or Kokura? When I bought it I knew that the mag was a mismatch but not the firing pin. Well live an learn I paid 450.00. I think to much.
I don't think you overpaid. I would have paid 450 for that pistol. Hell I see guys asking that much or more for a T-14 that has no bluing left and has pitting on it.

Your gun looks like its in nice shape for 1942 production!!

·
Silver Bullet Member
201 Posts
Don't sweat the firing pin for the price you paid as long as the tip is not broken. There are a lot of un-numbered field replacements out there. It would be a bigger deal if the mag matched and condition were 98-99%. You got a good gun at a wholesale price.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
I agree with the others, you got a very decent deal. Even if the firing pin has no numbers does it have inspection marks? That will tell if it is an nu-numbered field replacement. It's a nice clean 17 date.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,721 Posts
Just FYI, it is not a 17th series, but a 17 date; it is a Nagoya First series T 14, which are the markings before the serial number.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
After looking at high magifcation it looks like a W mark and part of my serial #.[/QUOTE said:
Firing pin looks like it might have been repaired at one time. Are you referring to an possible inspection mark on the firing pin?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.