Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ds arms has the jungle warrior carbine that they say "is patterned after one of the last contract FAL's that FN produced, for the country of Bolivia" but I can't find anything online proving that is true. I've also looked if anyone used a 16" barrel fal but I can't find anything so I'm wondering was there an actual military issued 16" barrel fal in some country or is this not the case?

·
Registered
18,012 Posts
16" was where (despite the adjustable gas system) FALs start "running out of gas" & you have to mess with the port diameter.
For just that reason I doubt it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is the "jungle warrior carbine" that DS arms sells which I bought from a pawn shop for a good price not thinking enough about it then did research to find out about it making me ask the question. I like owning military issued or reproductions of military issued guns but I don't like ones that were not real so I'm kinda regretting my purchase a little, though I'll still enjoy the gun but it won't fit in my collection.
Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
348 Posts
This is the "jungle warrior carbine" that DS arms sells which I bought from a pawn shop for a good price not thinking enough about it then did research to find out about it making me ask the question. I like owning military issued or reproductions of military issued guns but I don't like ones that were not real so I'm kinda regretting my purchase a little, though I'll still enjoy the gun but it won't fit in my collection. View attachment 3926457
Argentina I think is the culprit behind this version. They apparently actually produced the “jungle Carbine”, but didn’t actually have a name for it.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I had a 16" barrel DSA carbine with the short gas system. Next to the .458 magnum I shot twice, the 16" carbine was the most unpleasant rifle I've shot. I had the front end replaced with an Imbel standard length front end. Much more fun to shoot. At least it has a forged LMT made receiver.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Thanks to good luck at gun shows, I have two fixed-stock 16" FAL's. One is a DSA on an LMT receiver; the other a Century build on a gear logo Imbel, with a float tube handguard. Both run fine after some fiddling with the gas adjustment and neither kicks any harder than any of my other FAL's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts