Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's nice that it's dust cover is still present, but that's a huge premium for the papers for a guy that picked it off the top of a pile of 2,000 other guns at the end of the war and then threw away the safety and firing pin to make it "safe" for his kids to play war with in the back yard.

I loved the "bore is okay" description. Clearly the seller didn't look down that barrel very carefully.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who pays that much for something like that???? Something is not right.
John
Looking at the history of the guy who bought that he has spent over $10,000 this past month on GB. I've been bid against some of these whales before and I just stop trying. If they want something they will just keep bidding. They clearly have way too much money.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Was watching that auction. Is that really a japanese trainer? I swear I’ve seen that crest before and I thought it was a Chinese made copy or modified from an arisaka?
I could not find an example in Bin Shih’s book though so Im doubting myself.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t see the rifle’s serial number listed on the bringback papers. It just said “jap rifle”, so you really can’t tie the rifle to all the “provenance“ either.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was watching that auction. Is that really a japanese trainer? I swear I’ve seen that crest before and I thought it was a Chinese made copy or modified from an arisaka?
I could not find an example in Bin Shih’s book though so Im doubting myself.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t see the rifle’s serial number listed on the bringback papers. It just said “jap rifle”, so you really can’t tie the rifle to all the “provenance“ either.
It's a trainer. The North China Type 19 and the related Type 30 copy also has a cherry blossom on the receiver, but this is just a trainer.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I hope this trend in gun "values" keeps up at this rate. In a matter of a decade or soon after, I look forward to being a multi millionaire!
That's just insanity, for an incomplete trainer at that. You are right there must just be some guys out there with so much money, they will buy whatever whenever they want it. I know there has always been this rich of gun guns out there right? BUT why all of a sudden are they everywhere now???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.