Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A Repost of the Original Thread from gunboards v.2.0

Note: This pics will go away SOON! If anyone can host them on the web, please grab them and send me the links, I'll edit the post. Thanks - ST

=======================================================

12-rnd Mak mag - Pics?

Printed from: Gunboards
Topic URL: http://old.gunboards.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=49085
Printed on: 09/11/2007

Topic author: Teakwood
Subject: 12-rnd Mak mag - Pics?
Posted on: 06/20/2004 08:32:27 AM

I have 10-round double-stack mags and have posted pics of the ProMag and the Russian versions. I have never seen a legendary 12-round Russian Mak mag. My assumption has always been that they looked just like the 10-rounders. I have some indications that this is erroneous. For example, I have had a hint that the two indents on either side of the 10-rounder (near the bottom} are not present in the 12-rounder.

Is there anyone out there that can post a pic of a real Russian 12-round mag?
I know that Makarov.com used to sell them, but that pic is long gone from the sight.

Below is a pic of a Russian 10-rounder for reference.

Replies:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply author: MakNik
Replied on: 06/20/2004 10:32:04 AM
My 12-rounders look externally identical to your 10-rounder.

My understanding is that the ONLY difference between the 2 is an internal mod to make it a 10-rounder.

Since I do not own a 10-rounder, I have not been able to make the comparison.

Maybe I can do that this week at the Minnemakniks shoot on the 22nd.
Unfortunately there is no garantee that I can make it there on time, since I have an early morning business meeting that could run all morning.

But I will bring one with me so that Les and I can compare them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply author: cigarman
Replied on: 06/20/2004 3:25:38 PM
Teakwood, take a look at a legend. The middle one is an original Hi-cap that I bought with my NIB IJ70-18AH that holds 12 rounds. The others I purchsed, right one at the same times as that pistol, the other in a package marked as .380 hi-cap.

If you look closely you will notice the slots are slightly deeper on the 12 rounder. However all of them are the same compostition and all have the two indents on the lower section.

I guess it is OK to refer to an auction that a sponsor is having but Makarov.com in their current sale of "original Russian" 10 rounders advertised that the indents on the bottom indicate that they cannot be modified. While I have seen 12 rounders without the indents, that has no effect on whether that they can be modified as far as I am aware.

It is the slot size and/or the internals that differ between the 10 and 12 rounders. There are several types of 10 rounders that exists and some of them originally were 12 rounders that have been modified to only hold 10. Furthermore, all of the 10 rounders of a certain type (like the ones shown here) can readily be modified to hold 12 rounder without changing springs or altering the followers by cutting or filing.

I do not do that nor will I share how to do it, but one other member and I have had extensive discussions about the differences and the process and the ingenious way that the 12 rounders were made to hold 10 without anyone without extensive knowledge of their workings seeing how it was done.

Many of the 10 rounders that you may see now were obviously made as 10 rounders, after the ban, and cannot be retro-fitted to 12 round capacity.

Download Attachment:
21.75 KB

Reply author: Steve M
Replied on: 06/20/2004 7:33:04 PM

Pic's , well yes, I got one or two.

First Pic is two 10 round mags , they are 12 round that have been blocked to 10 rounds.
I'm not 100% ( Just 99.9% ) on this , but I'm pretty sure all Hi cap's are either 12 round or 12 blocked to 10.
Two methods were used, The one on the left has the block on the bottom locking plate ( off white plastic or nylon ), the right one has the block as an extended tower on the middle follower ( with a flat metal bottom lock plate ).

Pic of a 12 round mag , short middle follower and metal bottom lock plate.

While we're on it , a pic of the two different types of OEM Russian 12 round mag's, The one on the left is the newer style that we are more use to seeing as they are more common, The right one is what came in with the early import hi cap IJ70's. They have what I call a welded ( spot ) single stack tower, some online sites describe them as aftermarket, They ARE NOT. Looking at them apart, side by side, It's easy to see their Russian origins.

Close up of the two piece OEM 12 round Hi cap mag

The rib's on the side of all mag's are nothing more than creases to increase strength, they don't come any where close to touching the follower's.

Study close and read between the lines.
I hope that answers a lot of question's.

Replied on: 06/20/2004 9:15:11 PM
Right you are. Although I don't personally have one of the welded mags, I saw some in a collection of unfired and original hi-caps imported and then stashed away. The owner worked for the importer and told me all of the hi-caps in that shipment were exactly the same. The frames of those original maks also had more tool marks than most of the later hi-cap maks that I have seen.

I think that this is an example of the workmanship that has led some to say that hi-cap maks were to be avoided because they were rushed to production. Actually these initial imports are probably highly collectable from that viewpoint.

Replied on: 06/20/2004 10:11:39 PM
They do have kind of a prototype look to them.
I call them Franken mag's for short. The two I have will hold 12 rounds of 9x18 or 13 of 9x17. I have used them some , may 200 or so rounds each, without the first problem.
At the "right price" I'll take them. ( At a real good price I'll take all I can get. )

Reply author: Teakwood
Replied on: 06/20/2004 11:42:39 PM
Thanks, Steve M., for the pics. That's just the pictorial I was looking for. I just learned something new about hi-cap mags and the history of the hicap Maks.

The ProMags have a weld across the middle, not the stack area, and are definitely a very dark shiny blue. Also, the footplate on the ProMag is folded sheet metal and is crimped on. The Russian footplates are machined and removable.

Here's a somewhat dim pic of a ProMag POS for comparison.

Reply author: makarovdotcom
Replied on: 06/21/2004 07:21:51 AM
cigarman,

You are, of course, correct about the crimps being irrelevant to the magazine capacity. The reason I put that on the eBay auction is that the eBay folks are VERY picky about which auctions they yank. I got a Drozd magazine auction yanked about the same time I posted those other auctions.

Regards,

-Karl

Replied on: 06/21/2004 10:08:06 AM
Well, that is one of the reasons that I don't generally e-bay. I can understand that they want to focus on certain sale items, but to "ban" sales of items that are simply accessories gets to be ridiculous when outright scams stay on there for days.

Anyway, good discussion gentlemen. Lots more where this came from.

Reply author: namedcan
Replied on: 06/23/2004 8:25:27 PM
anyone modified a single stack PM frame to accept a dual stack mag? It looks to me like you could mill the frame hole wider if you TIG welded some plates (3/32" thick or so) on each side of the frame to allow the cutter to have material to work into. Then, just use 12 rd grips on it. I will try it eventually when I get out of Africa. Thanks.

Nigel

Reply author: angebar
Replied on: 08/05/2004 2:09:14 PM
Anyone have any 12-round mags to sell? Or parts? My middle follower is not in the best shape and I'd like to replace it.

Reply author: lkblair
Replied on: 08/05/2004 4:10:22 PM
wait until the ban goes by by. It will croak in.....7 weeks!!

I will be if it does croak, Makarov.com will be able to import a few for sale.....at a nice price

Replied on: 08/17/2004 7:46:32 PM
Got two 12-rounders from J&G today. Just like the OEM one in Steve M's post.
Cool!

Reply author: HoosierDaddy
Replied on: 09/19/2004 9:47:53 PM
I modified one of the ten round OEM mags today to take 12 rounds. If you look at the mag on the right in Steve's picture(the OEM with the plastic piece at the bottom of the spring). I cut the plastic filler off and left just enough nub to hold the spring centered up in the mag. It takes 12 rounds now.

Replied on: 09/19/2004 10:47:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by HoosierDaddy

I modified one of the ten round OEM mags today to take 12 rounds. If you look at the mag on the right in Steve's picture(the OEM with the plastic piece at the bottom of the spring). I cut the plastic filler off and left just enough nub to hold the spring centered up in the mag. It takes 12 rounds now.

Good job .

That plastic lock plate also make's a good pattern to make or find other suitable " thin " lock plates.

Still trying to figure a workable way to shorten the long middle follower to the lenght of the short mid follower and still hold the top spring in place.

All the OEM Russian double stack mag's are 12 round, some are just blocked to 10.

Replied on: 09/19/2004 11:04:02 PM
I have a 12 round OEM like the one on the right in your first picture. I bet that you could make room for two rounds by cutting down the middle spacer. The tube at the bottom of the middle spacer is 9/16" long. How long is your 10 rounder?
When I put mine back together I see what you are talking about. There is no way to hold the top spring in place if you cut the tube off. How about cutting it off and placing an empty cartidge into the tube that is cut to the right length and diameter?

Reply author: xaztec
Replied on: 09/22/2004 10:46:28 AM
If you notice, at the bottom of the middle follower, there is a ledge that the spring sits on. If you cut that part off first to the thickness of the ledge (or find a hard plastic washer of the correct size) and then glue it to the bottom of the follower after you cut it to size, you should be all set. I don't know if super-glue would be strong enough but I'd try that first since it's easy to use. You may have to use that 2-part epoxy glue though.

Replied on: 09/22/2004 11:43:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xaztec

If you notice, at the bottom of the middle follower, there is a ledge that the spring sits on. If you cut that part off first to the thickness of the ledge (or find a hard plastic washer of the correct size) and then glue it to the bottom of the follower after you cut it to size, you should be all set. I don't know if super-glue would be strong enough but I'd try that first since it's easy to use. You may have to use that 2-part epoxy glue though.

You're on the right trail, it would be nice if someone would tool up a plastic mold to make a NEW short middle follower.
I can't get up the nerve to try the cut and glue, if it were to fail , the mag would be toast, w/o replacement parts.

<------I hear a market opportunity on this.----->

Replied on: 09/22/2004 7:16:07 PM
Sounds like a plan. I will be waiting to see how it turns out.

Reply author: One of Many
Replied on: 09/26/2004 09:17:42 AM
You should be aware that some thermo-plastics will not bond with super-glues or epoxy adhesives. I tried to repair a cell phone case, and could not find any adhesive that would bond to the plastic. I would suggest that you attempt a mod that does not require attaching two pieces of the follower back together.

Replied on: 09/26/2004 6:05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by One of Many

You should be aware that some thermo-plastics will not bond with super-glues or epoxy adhesives. I tried to repair a cell phone case, and could not find any adhesive that would bond to the plastic. I would suggest that you attempt a mod that does not require attaching two pieces of the follower back together.

I suggest that your suggestion is 100% correct,

I haven't found any thing yet that will bond the two halves back and hold, tried about 4 different types of glues and epoxy, The plastic will " Melt to weld" but when dry the joint is weak and it doesn't look like the glue or expoxy mixed into the weld.
I'm thinking about drilling a couple of holes perpendicular to the cylinder of the follower and fitting a couple of roll pins in .
To complex just for 2 extra rounds.

Replied on: 09/26/2004 11:39:26 PM
what about hot glue? Or JB weld? The roll pin idea sounds like it would work but also sounds like a lot of trouble. Well, my friend and I are going to try to mold it. If we get one to work, I'll let you all know. Anyone know what type of plastic these things are made of?

Replied on: 09/27/2004 10:04:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xaztec

what about hot glue? Or JB weld? The roll pin idea sounds like it would work but also sounds like a lot of trouble. Well, my friend and I are going to try to mold it. If we get one to work, I'll let you all know. Anyone know what type of plastic these things are made of?

I'm going to look around today for some more "Exotic" glue, also see what JB has to offer,
Probably the biggest problem is that the contact area is very small, about 1/16 or so doing it this way. Not much when the spring pressure is taken into consideration.
Let us know how your mold work's out.

Even if a glue were found to work, I don't feel it would be very trustworthy. Maybe as a range mag, but the 8 round mag is good for that also.

Replied on: 09/27/2004 10:16:48 AM
I agree, I probably wouldn't use it for carry until it's been loaded and unloaded repeatedly for a year or so. I've fixed several plastic parts with just super glue and it usually holds pretty well but those parts usually are not under pressure like this will be from the upper spring. I'll keep you posted on the mold.

Replied on: 09/28/2004 11:58:58 PM
******* Final Chapter *********
( suggest you print this )
After cutting the cylinder on the long middle follower to a length of about .600",
A pin in the middle follower wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
I chucked up a finishing nail about 1/16" dia. in a drill , spun it against some med. grit sandpaper to rough up the surface for the epoxy to bond to, used it as a drill and ran it into the side of the follower , front to back, not the side. Left about 1/16 of plastic under the hole ( C/L of hole about 3/32 from bottom of follower). Pulled it out to put a slight bend in it to also give the epoxy something to grip on to keep the pin from spinning or moving side to side and out.
roughed up the plastic with the med. grit paper and cleaned everything up with isopropyl alcohol, also cut a washer from the remains of the cylinder upper spring flange.

Mixed the PERMATEX Cold Weld item # 14600 2 part epoxy and filled the lower part of the cylinder to the level of the pin, coated the bottom edge, the washer and stuck it together, let dry a day and sanded the excess glue off, cut the pin flush.
Putting the pin in also requires that about a 1/4 " or so be taken off the center post of the upper follower so that it will insert into the mid follower far enough, the followers should come together ( meet ) at the outer flanges, not the center post and the new bottom, I also cut about 4 coils off the top small spring to allow for the shorter length of the post.
This puppy is now De-Post Ban normal cap mag ( 12 round ), the epoxy hardened like steel and bonded completely to the plastic, I've beat it , kicked it ect, ect, No problems, I trust this fix.

A Pic for review:

Clockwise from lower left,

short middle follower from a 12 round mag with metal lock plate or from a 10 rnd. with the tall plastic lock plate Cylinder length= .600".

Long Middle follower from a 10 round mag

Long middle follower cut to .600" , pinned and epoxy.

top follower, post in middle cut shorter.

normal top follower

Plastic lower lock plate

next to plastic lower lock with the cylinder pointing up is a steel lock plate from a generic 9mm mag cut to the width and length of the plastic lock. The cylinder can be cut of the plastic lock plate , but the 12th round is hard to load leaving little clearance to insert the mag with the slide closed, the metal replacement plate gives a little extra room. last is a metal lock plate from a 12 rnd mag with a short mid follower or a 10 round with the long mid follower. and the 2 part epoxy.
let me know if confused or if I left something out.

Replied on: 09/30/2004 5:19:10 PM
Here!Here! thanks hoss.

Reply author: SlimTim
Replied on: 03/21/2005 7:44:22 PM
Sorry to bring up an old post, but . . . .

I bought some hi-cap mags this past weekend. Noted some stuff that seemed to possibly show a transition from the welded top to the one piece mag body.

Some of the mags I possess have black followers, some white. Those with black followers have a metal spacer under the follower. (See mag on right below.)

Do the mags with the welded two-piece bodies have metal spacers just below the followers? That's the way it appears from the pics. If so, perhaps these mags were among the first one piece bodies.

Also, without regard to black or white followers, some mags have 1 hole in the spine, some have 2, about the position where the 1st round would be both at position 10 and position 12.

Just when you think you have it all figured out, something different shows up.

BTW, out of a bunch of these, I only found one 12 rounder.

SlimTim

Replied on: 03/21/2005 8:24:32 PM
1) "Some of the mags I possess have black followers, some white. Those with black followers have a metal spacer under the follower.
Do the mags with the welded two-piece bodies have metal spacers just below the followers? That's the way it appears from the pics. If so, perhaps these mags were among the first one piece bodies."

I am not sure what you mean by "a metal spacer under the follower", but the followers from my welded 12-rounders look just like the metal ones you show on the right in the pic. That is, they are black metal and there is a metal spike/spacer that is part of the the follower.

2) "Also, without regard to black or white followers, some mags have 1 hole in the spine, some have 2, about the position where the 1st round would be both at position 10 and position 12."

The welded 12-rounders have 2 holes, but the upper hole is located in the upper welded section.
All of my 10-rounders have 1 hole.

Also, my original 12-rounders have metal inside floorplates. Some of my 10-rounders have metal inner floorplates, some have plastic.

I rather suspect that

Replied on: 03/22/2005 3:18:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Teakwood

I am not sure what you mean by "a metal spacer under the follower", but the followers from my welded 12-rounders look just like the metal ones you show on the right in the pic. That is, they are black metal and there is a metal spike/spacer that is part of the the follower.

That's what I was thinking, they were similar. I guess it is one piece, I was calling the "U with ears" shaped piece of metal a spacer. As this piece appears to be common with the early two piece welded mag body, I was guessing that maybe the ones I have were among the earliest with solid (one piece) mag bodies.

quote:
The welded 12-rounders have 2 holes, but the upper hole is located in the upper welded section.
All of my 10-rounders have 1 hole.

All (save one) of mine are 10 rounders. So it's a guess that the ones with 2 holes in the ribs are converted to 12 round mags?

quote:
Also, my original 12-rounders have metal inside floorplates. Some of my 10-rounders have metal inner floorplates, some have plastic.

I only took apart 2 magazines, so I can't say if all have plastic inner floorplates, but the 2 I took apart did.

THANKS for the input!

SlimTim

Replied on: 03/22/2005 5:20:33 PM
Originally posted by SlimTim

The plastic base lock plates in this pic show some signs of rework,??
Looks as if the spacer was cut off. ??
Usually with that longer middle follower a metal lock plate is used.

Replied on: 03/22/2005 9:49:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve M

The plastic base lock plates in this pic show some signs of rework,??
Looks as if the spacer was cut off. ??
Usually with that longer middle follower a metal lock plate is used.

How do you mean? I figured that with the longer middle follower, the base plate would have to be shorter, otherwise you'd never get 10 rounds in. I don't see anything that would indicate rework, but then your eye may be sharper than mine. Can you explain?

These are all 10 rounders, I loaded Mesko/Nimrod in them myself to test. There was one 12 rounder in the batch, but I haven't taken it apart.

SlimTim

Replied on: 03/22/2005 10:27:03 PM
Just wondering,I couldn't tell from the pic. Usually the longer middle follower would have a metal base lock plate instead of plastic.

Replied on: 03/22/2005 10:39:05 PM
I ran into a small problem that would ocur when using a palastic inner floorplate and a long follower. The mag would load 10-rounds of 9x18, but it would be difficult to get the mag to seat without a lot of force (9x17 worked OK). This is because while the mag would load 10 rounds, a small amount of slack is needed when the mag is actually placed in the pistol (bullet actually drops back into the mag a little). This is somewhat esoteric and did not cause a problem in all cases.

Replied on: 03/22/2005 10:58:11 PM

quote:

I ran into a small problem that would ocur when using a palastic inner floorplate and a long follower. The mag would load 10-rounds of 9x18, but it would be difficult to get the mag to seat without a lot of force (9x17 worked OK). This is because while the mag would load 10 rounds, a small amount of slack is needed when the mag is actually placed in the pistol (bullet actually drops back into the mag a little). This is somewhat esoteric and did not cause a problem in all cases.

Correct, I ran into that a few times, that was the idea behind the fabricated metal lock plates ....or just file a little more off the spring seat area of the plastic one .

Replied on: 03/22/2005 11:03:37 PM
Steve, apparently Teakwood has seen this combination. I take it you have not?

Teakwood, I don't own a Hi-cap Mak currently, so I can't duplicate it. The mags I loaded, with brass cased Nimrod (Mesko) all held 10 rounds. I have always hated loading these things. Wish makarov dot com made a mag loader for hi-caps. Onset of arthritis I guess.

SlimTim

Replied on: 03/22/2005 11:21:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SlimTim

Steve, apparently Teakwood has seen this combination. I take it you have not?

Yes, I have seen it, but not as O.E.Russian, usually the plastic plate was used as a two round block and used with the short mid follower. The metal plate was used in short follower mags as a 12 round and in the long mid follower as a 10 round.

All the wide body , double stack, or Hi Cap mag's were 12 round, some ( most ) were blocked to 10 rounds, two different methods of block's were used.

I have ( since the ban has passed away ) converted a large number of 10 round to 12 round. One of the by-products are the plastic lock plates , which can get cut down and used with the long mid follower to make a 10 round mag. Because of the problem that the rounds being to tight like Teakwood mentioned, I fabricated new metal lock plates instead of messing with the plastic ones. A lot of people that picked up on the idea just cut the plastic down.

Reply author: rioblue
Replied on: 03/23/2005 1:15:26 PM
I assemble golf clubs once in a while, and there is a 2 part epoxy used for glueing graphite shafts to a metal hosel. This might work, as it is pretty strong stuff. (Don't know a brand, I believe it's called shaft epoxy). Also, one might be able to mill a piece using a solid fiberglass rod (as used in electric fences). I don't have a hi cap, but this might be worth a shot.

Replied on: 04/14/2005 6:05:07 PM
btt

Reply author: Timbo
Replied on: 08/02/2005 08:20:56 AM
I WANT A FAT BOY RUSSIAN HI-CAP!!! That settles that.

Reply author: o07wray
Replied on: 08/25/2005 6:36:33 PM
here is a break down in my 2 diff. mags...

one on the right is a factory 10 rnd mak mag
the one on the left is a 12 rnd mak mag

the only diff is the upper spring length, and the lower follower's upper spring retainer...

cut the lower followers off to 15mm, drill a small 1/8 inch hole 2mm up from the bottom clean through both sides.. insert a metal 1/8 inch pin... cut upper spring to 85mm - 3mm to adj for added pin height & epoxy for a total of 82mm.. make sure to dress the spring with a new "foot".

ruffen up the inside of the lowers follower.. add epoxy up to the holes.. insert pin.. cover top of pin with 1mm of epoxy file outside of pin flush with follower. reassemble.... easy

Recommend Belzona® 1111 Super Metal, this epoxy can turned in a lathe like metal!!!.. great stuff for gun repair... and yes I know this is a plastic job.. bit really not.. remember that we covered the pin with 1mm of epoxy... it makes a plug attached to the pin that would have to pull out the holes in the side of the follower before it would break...

10 round to 12 rounds CHEEP!!! just a little time and a few bucks for the Belzona.

again.. if I ever state anything that might be dangerous or not sound.. please speak up ....I am a "newbee"

this is a link to find and see what BELZONA can do!!http://www.dbrassociates.com/power plant shaft repair.htm

thanks,
o07wray

Replied on: 08/25/2005 10:30:50 PM
Sounds like you are on the right track, I did one about like this ( check this post on 9/28/04 ). I passed it on to another forum member, I guess it's still running.
Keep up the good work.

Replied on: 08/30/2005 10:31:16 PM
I just found a way NOT to adapt a 10-rounder for 12 rounds.

I picked up some hi-cap mags in a trade recently. One of the had a metal upper follower (like the original 12-rounders). The inner floorplate was plastic, so I assumed it was a 10-rounder. I tried loading it and it would barely take 9 rounds. I opened it up and found that someone had bubba-ed the lower follower by cutting it real short and then backfilling it, with the upper spring in place.

Figure 1 - Metal upper and cut lower followers

What is wrong with this picture? It fails to take into account that the center tab on the upper follower (that the upper spring wraps over) MUST pass through a hole in the lower follower to a certain depth in order to be able to fully load the mag. Figure 2 shows a plastic upper follower and a short lower follower. Figure 3 shows how the upper follower must fit into the lower follower.

Figure 2 - Upper and Lower Followers

Figure 3 - Upper in Lower Follower

I got out my dremel and was able to put a hole of sufficient diameter into the lower follower to allow the two to mate. However, the fact that the upper spring had been embedded into the epoxy fill made it very tricky to bore the hole and not damage the spring.

Bottom line: If you do not understand the basic mechanics of something, DON'T SCREW WITH IT!
This mag would have been better left alone rather than with a lower follower cut way too short.

Another item, I discovered recently that one of my hi-cap mags with the long lower follower was fabricated in such a way that the upper spring did not go all the way to the bottom of the extended portion. In other words, internally it looked like a short follower with an extension added. NOTE that this is not true of ALL of the long followers. The others I have seen do allow the upper spring to go all the way down into the lower follower.

Replied on: 08/30/2005 10:59:29 PM

quote:

Another item, I discovered recently that one of my hi-cap mags with the long lower follower was fabricated in such a way that the upper spring did not go all the way to the bottom of the extended portion. In other words, internally it looked like a short follower with an extension added. NOTE that this is not true of ALL of the long followers. The others I have seen do allow the upper spring to go all the way down into the lower follower.

In looking at about , more or less 80-100 10 round mag's , I found exactly one like you describe, I figured it was not common enough to mention and make the variation of followers more confusing than it already is.
Also I cut if of into a shorty for a 12 round mag before I got a chance to take a pick.

Good work on fixing that bubba job and thank's for sharing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Edit: Sorry, I finally found the sticky. Don't know why it didn't come up under my search terms the first few times I tried. Thanks guys.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but did anyone keep the pictures from this thread? I've recently gotten into silicone molding for reproducing plastic parts and was hoping to be able to replicate the 12 round mag followers. I am aware that this will not necessarily work, but I figured I'd give it a try. Unfortunately all I've been able to get my hands on so far are 10 round mags. I might just replicate the followers from the 10 rounders I have to try to modify them for some prototypes. If I can make a working prototype I might be able to make them available for sale (though this is obviously tenuous right now of course).

If nobody saved the pictures, could someone post pictures of the 12 round followers? Preferably next to some 10 round followers.

Thanks guys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts