Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend gave me this box of ammo. I have a 71/84 Mauser that I reload for so I'm sure this is the same but thought I'd post where people know better than I. Bullets are paperpatched, stripper clips are not marked. Do I have what I think I have?

·
Gold Bullet member
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, how common are these? First time I have seen the clips for this caliber. See lots of boxes of old ammo, but the clip is new to me.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Que the buzzer. You do not have 11mm Mauser ammunition. What you have is 11mm Austrian Mannlicher on clips for the 1886 Mannlicher rifle. Good collectible ammunition. 11.15x60R Mauser came in 20 round light blue or tan cardboard boxes marked M 71/84 or M/71.

·
Super Moderator
9,260 Posts
11 mm Austrian (11x57R)

You have an original packet of "11 mm Ball Cartridges M1886, made at Wiener Neustadt
(Vienna Newtown, a new development of the 1800s outside the original Vienna city Limits) a "suburb" renowned for its Industries (Railway workshops,, Ammo, light metal, industries textiles etc.)

The clips are the original Mannlicher M1885/86 clips, bigger than the M88/90 and M95 clips of the later guns.

All highly desireable collectors pieces in their own right, especially the full original boxes.

Regards, Doc AV
AV ballistics.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's why I come here. Get to know and thanks to all who responded.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts