Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hello diaofushui :
That is a very nice display of of T-94 tank rounds, two armour piercing and two high explosive, I also see shipping plugs for the HE.
Did you know that there were eight different 37mm antitank & tank guns, they all used the same size projectiles but have different cartridge cases.
The variations are the case lengths : 4 3/8, 5 1/4, 6 1/2, and 9 7/8. The smallest was the round used in the T-11 infantry gun. The 4 cases in your display look to be the same length, if they are 5 1/4 then they are for the T-94 tank gun, but if 6 1/2 then they were for the T-94 anti-tank gun.
Vicasoto

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello diaofushui :
That is a very nice display of of T-94 tank rounds, two armour piercing and two high explosive, I also see shipping plugs for the HE.
Did you know that there were eight different 37mm antitank & tank guns, they all used the same size projectiles but have different cartridge cases.
The variations are the case lengths : 4 3/8, 5 1/4, 6 1/2, and 9 7/8. The smallest was the round used in the T-11 infantry gun. The 4 cases in your display look to be the same length, if they are 5 1/4 then they are for the T-94 tank gun, but if 6 1/2 then they were for the T-94 anti-tank gun.
Vicasoto
Hi, Vicasoto;
You are so knowledgeable about these rounds, thank you. I have learned lot from you.

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hello diaofushui:
Thankyou for the complement, in reality I am fortunate to own copies of U. S. WW2 publications regarding IJA & IJN ammunition, bombs, mortars, projectiles, fuses, etc.; that helps a lot in being able to identify and answer questions. It helps that my eldest daughter Linda is a military cartridge collector and has those references and thousands of rounds to see and compare. Although my specialty is Japanese sniper rifles and scopes, I own from Murata to Arisaka and a good 80 plus bayonets as well.
If I can be of help to you feel free to call on me, I will be glad to talk or share information. you can write me at : [email protected] or here at the board.
Vicasoto

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello diaofushui:
Thankyou for the complement, in reality I am fortunate to own copies of U. S. WW2 publications regarding IJA & IJN ammunition, bombs, mortars, projectiles, fuses, etc.; that helps a lot in being able to identify and answer questions. It helps that my eldest daughter Linda is a military cartridge collector and has those references and thousands of rounds to see and compare. Although my specialty is Japanese sniper rifles and scopes, I own from Murata to Arisaka and a good 80 plus bayonets as well.
If I can be of help to you feel free to call on me, I will be glad to talk or share information. you can write me at : [email protected] or here at the board.
Vicasoto

WOO. Thanks. That is a big help.
I certainly will contact you if i have problem identifying Japanese items.
Regards

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,010 Posts
So, what is the case length on those pictured?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Here’s a shot of three of the 37mm rounds. The brass cases from the left are 4 3/8”, 5 ¼”, and two 6 ½” long. I haven’t found a 9 7/8” example yet. Have to keep looking. Also in the picture is an example of the shipping can with the fuse. – Ken

·
Gold Bullet Member
3,425 Posts
Hello Adogs :
To clear the air for you and diaofushi, based on the pictures he sent and now Mr. Hable's
extremely neat collection is my guess that diao's four rounds have the 6 1/2 inch long cases making them T-94 anti-tank gun ammo. The AP rounds are obvious to their use, while the HE was used against personnel, light vehicles and lightly defended targets.
Vicasoto

1 - 8 of 8 Posts