Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are two versions for the Body of Type10, one with larger fragmentation, the other neat small fragmentation.
Also the rims are different, one with thick rim at the top, the other thin.

Also the area around the top mouth is not the same, one broad, the other narrow.

For the boosters, one with long steel tube from the base to the top mouth, the other is just like Type91's but not the same with 91.

·
Kryptonite member
5,765 Posts
I know all of us would be extremely interested to hear about you finding all these "goodies." Know you would not want to go into where, but how do you locate, what depth (assuming they are buried and they don't appear to have been dug) how you deactivate/preserve, etc.? I'd be interested in publishing your story in BANZAI. Our email is [email protected]

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nearly All of the grenades were dug ones, condition is not the same, some are in perfect condition, some not. There are reasons for this.
If they were dug in the wet earth mountains or field, the condition is bad, but if they were dug in the dry sand land, they are in very good condition.
I once found a Japanese LMG Type99 magazine with total black paint on, just in mint condition, for it was dug in sand. Do you believe?

I cleaned these dug ones and oiled them, so they seem pretty.

By the way, I am lucky enough to find another rare type of Japanese grenade.

It is like Type 91, but the body is BRASS, booster steel. And the inside is not the same as 91 grenades,either. Very interesting grenades. Nerver seen this before.
I will clean it and will post it here in several days.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,010 Posts
Those two on the left - how the heck were they used? There's no primer in the bottom of the booster - you'd probably break the firing pin in the knee mortar if you tried it.

·
Gold Bullet member
6,110 Posts
Diaofushui, I keel over with surprise at the pace you are finding these T-10 variations !

A-dogs, I found those grenades in question on a manual, and it's actually a practice grenade, which is used for "throwing" by hand and not to be used on a T-10 mortar tube, hence no need for the mortar pin ignition primer. There is a wee bit of powder in the long tube for effect but it won't explode.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,010 Posts
Diaofushui, I keel over with surprise at the pace you are finding these T-10 variations !

A-dogs, I found those grenades in question on a manual, and it's actually a practice grenade, which is used for "throwing" by hand and not to be used on a T-10 mortar tube, hence no need for the mortar pin ignition primer. There is a wee bit of powder in the long tube for effect but it won't explode.
Thanks Edokko - that's good to know. Been wondering about them for some time.
I think the other differences shown above (shoulder thickness, etc.) are probably due to casting variations, requiring different amounts of machining to fit the T-10 bore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts