Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I wounder how close my all original factory matching 1897 Tula came in prodution line to the 1,000000 Tula M91? Is it 1,000000 Tula M91 or Tula,Izhevsk and Sestroryetsk? I also have M91 with similar walnut striped stock like these.
The 1891 M91 dosent have a correct mag for some reason. Do you have more pictures,these are really nice M91's
The 1,000,000th was made in 1897 and presented to the emperor so I bet it got custom material for the stock.

View attachment 324478

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet member
531 Posts
Those are nice guns. Too bad they disfigured them. When my Russian father-in-law first saw my Mosin collection he was very surprised and pleased that they are in working condition. I don't understand the mentality of people who will wreck something while claiming to reserve it.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
So what was done to the #1 Tula M91? Was the 1,000000 demilled?
Those are nice guns. Too bad they disfigured them. When my Russian father-in-law first saw my Mosin collection he was very surprised and pleased that they are in working condition. I don't understand the mentality of people who will wreck something while claiming to reserve it.

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
It is the law in the former communist countries, that each rifle that is going to be shown in the exhibition rooms of a museum has to be demilled.

Rifles in the basement only are OK normally.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,436 Posts
I guess if they are never going to be fired again it makes no difference that they are castrated (demilled). But it seems they would alter as removing firing pin, plugging bore ect.. Rather than a permanent or disfiguring solution. They are neat to see in those pristine conditions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts