Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had a chance to hit the range with the 03A3 I purchased back in December. Put a few rounds through her with some rounds I had made up for my son's Remington 760. I figured they would give me a good starting point. 48.5 Grains of IMR 4895 pushing a 150 Grain Sierra Match King HPBT at a COL of 3.285". Barrel is dated 12/43 and is a two groove. Ran about 30 round through her playing with sights and getting comfy at 50 yards. As I much as I play with my guns and reloading, I really don't get enough range time so my groupings aren't what they should be. I have been increasing that time, so I am seeing some improvement and I can call when I throw a round. Today seemed to be a much better story. When I was finally ready to get serious I shot a five round group of 1 3/8". I did shoot a total of 7 rounds but knew two were flyers as soon as I squeezed the trigger. Followed that up with a 10 round group at 2 3/8" with no flyers. When I reload these I will be neck sizing only and saving these rounds for this gun. I'll probably set them a bit more shallow to get closer to the 3.320" inch mark. I'll then make up some with a few tenths grains up and down to see if I can improve on this first outing. All in all, i'm pretty pleased once again.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I load 46.2 of 4895 for all my 06's with 150 gr m2 pulls. That load gets me about 2" @ 100 yds in my a3. Figured I'd stop there. That's one gun I have shot very little. But that load was developed for my m1 and it has proven good in 03 and A3. You may want to be more frugal with the powder but it looks like you have a good load.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Silver Bullet Member
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually have a boatload of Garand loads with that same bullet and 40.8 grains of N135 that I might throw into the mix next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.