Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked this up a few years ago from a local auction as a rusty mess, and managed to bring it back to life.

The rifle itself is a 1928 Izhevsk Dragoon, with no import mark, Finn markings, and wire sling swivels. So it’s likely a Spanish export.

The interesting thing is it’s fully matching, but with parts that are not Izhevsk marked. The bolt, butt plate, and floorplate match the barrel. I did not realize at the time, but it’s actually a prewar rework. The stock is marked with a “3” in the area where the original stock roundel would be stamped. I’ve been told this is a sign of a prewar rework or replacement stock. I believe the font of the stamped parts also matches Tula style.

This is one of my favorite dragoon rifles.

Spoke Iron Rim Metal Bicycle wheel rim
Metal Composite material Iron Steel Gun accessory
Iron Metal Silver Steel Still life photography
Wood Metal Iron Hardwood Silver
Wood Iron Metal Nail
Brown Tan Wood stain Rust Iron
Wood Brown Tan Wood stain Hardwood
Wood Product Brown Hardwood Tan
Black Tan Iron Metal Close-up
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Nail Plank

·
Silver Bullet Member
20,943 Posts
Strange that they rebuilt the rifle but did not convert it to M91/30 specs. But perhaps they hadn't begun the sigth upgrades by the time this left for Spain?

Regardless, I can see why it would be a favorite Dragoon. Much character with that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.