Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
64,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone needs to find other employment.

------------

NRA leader Wayne LaPierre says he faced an unprecedented “security threat” in the wake of bloody rampages at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut and at Parkland, Florida, high school — and had to seek refuge aboard his Hollywood producer friend’s 108-foot yacht.

In a chutzpah-rich deposition, the politically powerful gun rights advocate said the fancy vessel christened “The Illusion” was one of the few places he felt safe from the national outrage that erupted after the slaughter of innocent children with military-grade firearms.

“They simply let me use it as a security retreat because they knew the threat that I was under. And I was basically under presidential threat without presidential security in terms of the number of threats I was getting,” LaPierre said. “And this was the one place that I hope could feel safe, where I remember getting there going, ‘Thank God I’m safe, nobody can get me here.’ And that’s how it happened. That’s why I used it.”

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Someone needs to find other employment.

why should he? when he's reaping in millions of bucks in salary and perks...........as someone once said, "it's nice work, if you can get it"

KA-CHING!!

·
Registered
18,148 Posts
I don't discount the fact a lot of threats came his way from cretins but I do sense Wayne is playing a sympathy card.

He could not have felt too scared...he stayed on in the job and I'd bet a hard look at NRA books will reveal personal security body guards was an expense for Wayne's security. I'd bet security measures for his residence was also a NRA funded expense and I bet private air craft travel was funded as well.

I'll butcher George Carlin: 🖕 " Time to go Wayne, pack your shit. NRA will emerge in a new paradigm ..NRA without Wayne".

·
Registered
400 Posts
Don't disagree that LaPierre and the entire board should step down, but the paranoic side of me wonders about the timing of a lot of this, as what appears to be the most anti-gun administration to date in history is in power, and, to me at least, the US judicial system is at an all time low.
Don't know what it will take for the leadership to do the right thing: am sure their donations are way down. (I am contributing more to other pro-gun groups myself. But NRA is STILL the 800 pound gorilla for gun rights.

·
Registered
436 Posts
The irony of him making the claim that elites have special protections and don’t need guns to defend themselves while at the same time being one of those elites who hid on a freaking yacht is not lost on me. He’s a huge piece of crap that tanked the NRA by stealing from them. I’ve not given a dime beyond my yearly membership to them ever and I only do that because my club requires it.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The irony of him making the claim that elites have special protections and don’t need guns to defend themselves while at the same time being one of those elites who hid on a freaking yacht is not lost on me. He’s a huge piece of crap that tanked the NRA by stealing from them. I’ve not given a dime beyond my yearly membership to them ever and I only do that because my club requires it.
Not to mention the school kids could not flee to their yachts.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
So its:
"Pull on the oars, Jack. I'm in the lifeboat"!

Reactions: Webley One

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I haven't heard so much anti-NRA since the last time I happened to watch MSM on the TV in a doctor's office. And, from one of the better gun forums.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
He's made them both pretty much the same thing as he IS the NRA. (at least in his mind)

·
Copper Bullet Member
384 Posts
It is time for Wayne to step down. Like the other NRA leaders they should have term limits. They need to more like GOA and concentrate on legislative issues. I've been a member since age 16 (now 63). There isn't a week that I don't receive a request for money. Perhaps if they stopped giving away a truck and the accompanying boatload of stuff they can concentrate on fighting the anti-gunners.

G2

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I am a life member of the NRA and believe it is the strongest ally for us law abiding gun owners but LaPierre and his cronies have certainly eroded the effectiveness of what that organization has done and stood for! I still think there is time to turn things around and if done right the NRA could be even better but first LaPierre must go along with his thieving minions before any positive changes can happen!

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
Eroded?
How about "bloody well completely wrecked"!
Even many shooters have given up on "Wayne's World"!

Reactions: Jeb111

·
Banned
10 Posts
It is time for Wayne to step down. Like the other NRA leaders they should have term limits. They need to more like GOA and concentrate on legislative issues. I've been a member since age 16 (now 63). There isn't a week that I don't receive a request for money. Perhaps if they stopped giving away a truck and the accompanying boatload of stuff they can concentrate on fighting the anti-gunners.

G2
he really has to leave

1 - 20 of 33 Posts